Fort Myers Track Club
Total Time = 2h 12m 56s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group = 45-49
Age Group Rank = 4/7
Pre-race routine:

we ate at ihop and went to the race.
Event warmup:

no warm up...the first 11 miles were warm up.
Run
  • 2h 12m 56s
  • 13.1 miles
  • 10m 09s  min/mile
Comments:

So my last long run was on Dec 6th when I did the Palm Beach half mary b/c I got a free bib the day before..and I was not prepared...then, I got really sick for several weeks over winter break and didn't do anything physical for 2 weeks...then I did an 8 mile run the week before this race. So...I had 2 goals: Finish and don't fall (b/c I fall a lot ad get boo-boos). I took it super easy but it didn't feel easy for 11 miles. the last 2 I chased a girl and was keeping sub 9:00, somewhere between 8:30-8:50 when I would look at my Garmin...so there is hope yet.

I did stop to make poopies at mile 3. First place was wayyyyy ahead with a 1:49. Second place was 2:12:06 (50 seconds ahead of me) and 3rd place was 2:12:32 (24 seconds ahead of me)...so it goes :) What I am happy about is that I was running strong the last 2 miles.
What would you do differently?:

Not much. It was a fun race and I did what I could for the day....the bathroom stop was unfortunate but a common theme in my running. Perhaps take immodium to prevent the urge.
Post race

Last updated: 2015-01-01 12:00 AM
Running
02:12:56 | 13.1 miles | 10m 09s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/7
Overall: 0/
Performance:
Course: the course is flat/ single track, open field, woods, lots of ruts and hills that are short (like 10 feet tall or less) but are straight up - this is mile 8.5ish to 10ish. Then it gets easy - ish and flattens out.
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge
Organized?
Events on-time?
Lots of volunteers?
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5]

{postbutton}
2015-01-14 9:10 PM

User image

Master
South Florida
Subject: River, Roots and Ruts Trail Run

2015-01-18 4:53 AM
in reply to: #5083568

User image

Expert
Conifer, Colorado
Subject: RE: River, Roots and Ruts Trail Run
Good job, Ms. Reeves! You always dig deep enough to salvage a race. Hey, Beginner Triathlete really needs to fix this race report system... it was hard to find this report: unless I go through your log and go backwards to race day. I don't know, but in my opinion, BT has lost the social component of the site since they ungraded the design and user interface (which I do like). But I really miss the lost social network of BT. I used to make friends here - both cyber and real live race and training buddies. This never happens anymore. Sad, because this was one of the most compelling reasons to log here. Now, BT must compete with social media, Garmin Connect, Training Peaks, Strava, etc. I really miss the glory days of Beginner Triathlete.
2015-01-18 5:39 AM
in reply to: DickDime

User image

Master
South Florida
Subject: RE: River, Roots and Ruts Trail Run
Thank you for the note, Mr Dime. I concur- it is more difficult to be social....too many clicks to leave a quick inspire on a friends page. I have met some cool folks on here as well.
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » River, Roots and Ruts Trail Run Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

River, Roots and Ruts Trail Run

Started by jimmy raybon
Views: 688 Posts: 1

2011-01-10 6:43 AM jimmy raybon

Started by Mimir98
Views: 1029 Posts: 3

2010-01-08 10:06 AM wgraves7582

Started by fireman70
Views: 1121 Posts: 4

2010-03-02 8:42 PM Renee

Started by Mimir98
Views: 1442 Posts: 8

2009-01-16 8:26 AM Socks

River Roots and Ruts

Started by wyldrunner
Views: 1288 Posts: 1

2008-01-07 6:40 AM wyldrunner
RELATED ARTICLES
date : November 15, 2011
author : Nancy Clark
comments : 0
Recipes for Oatmeal Pancakes, Carrot Apple Muffins, Sugar and Spice Pecans and Crunchy Trail Mix

date : July 28, 2011
author : AMSSM
I can train for half marathons on pavement and on trails, but as soon as I change it up to gravel or loose dirt my knee swells and the pain it causes is unreal. Any ideas why this happens?
date : October 29, 2008
author : mrakes1
Triathlon nutrition discussions on trail mixes and calories, regular skim milk vs. organic skim milk vs. soy milk and whey protein.

date : April 5, 2008
author : Coach AJ
Discussions on river swims, speedsuits, road bike at IMKY, FOP IM pointers, saddle positioning, run8/walk2 method, treadmill to outside running, heelstriking and HRM on race day.
date : October 17, 2004
author : smeeko
Discover the joys of trail running while also giving your body many benefits.