General Discussion Triathlon Talk » MMT registration Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2015-06-13 5:56 PM

User image

Wabash, IN
Subject: MMT registration
I had been looking for this. Zero participants so far. It must have been opened recently.
https://mightymississinewatriathlon.itsyourrace.com/register/

2015-06-26 8:57 AM
in reply to: curlylk

User image

Subject: RE: MMT registration
Most of the links are dead on that one... You would think at only a few months out that everything would be live.
2015-06-29 1:42 AM
in reply to: sdalcher

User image

Wabash, IN
Hmmmmmmm, Only 4 weeks away on this one and only 17 signed up. Anybody else interested in running this one? Please? I'm the only male 50-54 signed up! As a matter of fact, I think I will start a new post on it.

http://www.itsyourrace.com/ParticipantList.aspx?id=4869
2015-06-29 2:01 AM
in reply to: sdalcher

User image

Wabash, IN
Originally posted by sdalcher

Most of the links are dead on that one... You would think at only a few months out that everything would be live.

I went ahead and went through the registration. Everything worked for me. I'm now the sole participant.
2015-06-29 3:17 PM

User image

Carmel, Indiana
People will sign up for MMT. Because the event is managed by the DNR property manager and the race is NFP, marketing is a challenge. It is a fun & challenging race, you will not be disappointed.
2015-06-30 7:12 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Wabash, IN
Originally posted by EKinIndy

People will sign up for MMT. Because the event is managed by the DNR property manager and the race is NFP, marketing is a challenge. It is a fun & challenging race, you will not be disappointed.

I'm sure you're right. Need it to stop raining or it won't matter. It's raining hard right now. There is concern with the In our area with both reservoirs. Still there should be plenty of time to drain if the rain stops.

Indiana Department of Natural Resources
16 hrs ·
JUNE 29 flooding update for Mississinewa Lake: All campsites, cabins, shelters and youth tent areas in the Miami State Recreation Area are closed until further notice. Customers with affected reservations will be notified by phone, and their reservations canceled and refunded. These areas also CLOSED: campground mooring area and fishing pier, youth tent camping area and fishing pier, swimming beach, beach playground and picnic area, Frances Slocum boat ramp, Miami boat ramp and Pearson’s Mill boat ramp. Red Bridge boat ramp is open; however, launching lanes are reduced; backing distances have increased; and no courtesy dock is available at that location. The lake continues to have floating debris, making boating treacherous. Visitors must use extreme caution and not attempt to drive on roads covered by standing water. Any form of swimming and wading is extremely dangerous.
Like · Comment · Share · 2511

Edited by curlylk 2015-06-30 7:15 AM

2015-07-24 4:39 PM

User image

Veteran
Naptown, IN
Looks like a fun race, BUT I just checked the website. The race has been canceled for this year. See below:

We regret to inform you that, due to record flooding at Mississinewa Lake, it has become necessary to cancel the 10th Annual Mighty Mississinewa Triathlon for this year 2015. Due to the time the water has been standing in our grounds, the facilities and surrounding area would be in such poor condition that the event would not meet the expectations of participants and those associated with the event. We have reluctantly cancelled the 2015 running of the MMT, and hope to be ready to begin offering the triathlon again in 2016. We appreciate your interest and past patronage and want to encourage you to continue to support the MMT.

Please mark your calendar for September 10th, 2016 for next year’s 10th Annual Mighty Mississinewa Triathlon.
2015-07-27 10:06 AM
in reply to: mobey

User image

Thanks for the update mobey.  I figure they had to cancel it.  Have you seen the pictures of the flooding?   It's truly incredible.   There's one of the campstore (up on the hill at the beach) which is completely covered except the top of the roof.  Crazy.   Hubby and I went kayaking there last week and couldn't believe what we were seeing.   It'll be interesting when or if they'll be able to open the campground back up this year.  

Hope you find something else to do that weekend curlylk. 

2015-07-28 5:54 AM
in reply to: bswcpa

User image

Wabash, IN
Originally posted by bswcpa

Hope you find something else to do that weekend curlylk. 

Thanks. I just ran the Tri Lakes but was looking forward to the MMT. I really hated seeing the camp store under water. This is the worst flooding since the dam was built. Hopefully we don't have a repeat next year. Seems we are getting wetter and wetter every year.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » MMT registration Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

MMT Registration

Started by curlylk
Views: 1404 Posts: 1

2013-06-06 5:15 PM curlylk
RELATED ARTICLES
date : September 2, 2004
author : Michael
comments : 1
Are you only focusing on racing and training this season?  Volunteeri to help at a triathlon!