General Discussion Triathlon Talk » 2016 Tracking Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2016-01-03 12:48 AM

User image

Subject: 2016 Tracking

Hey all,

This spreadsheet is a variation on what I've been doing for the last couple years and I think I finally have it perfected (for my needs).  While tracking my workout today it occurred to me that others might like it as well (and I know I would have liked it when I first started tracking my workouts 3 years ago).

It is a google docs spreadsheet so you will need to have a Google account to use it (well you could save a copy as an Excel file, but I Really like the fact that I can input my workouts in less than 15 seconds from my phone, tablet or PC and have it show up on the others for review later, and using Excel would ruin that).

It looks like it is blank but it is not. It will automatically calculate your daily, weekly and YTD pace (running & swimming), daily, weekly, and YTD speed (biking & other), Daily, weekly and YTD percentage elevation gain and loss, weekly and yearly Cadence and Heart Rate (properly weighted per km that you report those stats), Days until your next race, amount over/under your target weight, etc, etc.

I think it is all completely self explanatory except for perhaps the "Days 'til Race" column: for that one simply enter a 0 in that column on the date of any and all of your races and it will automatically show you how many days you have until those races.

If even one person likes/uses this then great, if not no harm done. So here it is: 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DATSz91o5w4e5ZxRNBHTTsF2Po2sF9Li2V1zoiMBmek/edit?usp=sharing

Note: It is view only, so simply select File>Make a Copy (While You Are Signed Into Your Google Account).

Note two: It is Metric so if you prefer Imperial you can easily change the headers and formulas (or ask me and I can easily do it, but I'm not going to bother if no one wants it).

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » 2016 Tracking Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Ironman Lake Placid 2016

Started by haitwun
Views: 2545 Posts: 9

2016-01-31 1:42 PM gotbitten

New 2016 Bike announcements?

Started by GeauxHard
Views: 1286 Posts: 4

2015-06-27 8:12 PM jeremyscarroll

Full IM 2016 or 2017?

Started by ulf.lundh
Views: 2746 Posts: 17

2015-09-18 9:10 AM bcagle25

Qualifying for 2016 Long Course World Championship

Started by EKH
Views: 1940 Posts: 8

2015-06-11 12:24 PM EKH

Ironman Louisville extended through 2016

Started by cgchandler
Views: 1501 Posts: 5

2011-04-20 11:23 AM Rogillio
RELATED ARTICLES
date : May 19, 2010
author : Team BT
comments : 1
Use this redesigned feature of your training logs to keep track of your time and mileage on all of your gear including shoes, bikes, tires, clothes, etc.

date : October 7, 2008
author : Coach AJ
comments : 0
I'm going to let you in on how to get faster by doing nothing. Well, not exactly nothing, but you won't have to raise your heart rate, put out 300 watts, or really even break a sweat.
date : February 7, 2008
author : Tri Swim Coach
comments : 4
Is it good to listen to music while lap swimming? Are there any devices to help you keep track of your laps?

date : May 8, 2007
author : Ron
Lots of updates in this version! Map your routes and elevation profiles of single sport workouts, bricks and races! Directly integrates into BT's training log to assign routes to workouts.
date : March 20, 2007
author : Iron MaYden
comments : 3
Provided one was proficient in setting up the different functions of the Lap Track, I think that a short-course triathlete would benefit most from this, since it only records splits up to 50 laps.

date : April 21, 2005
author : Ron
comments : 1
How to use our detailed online race log to track your season and progress.
date : October 17, 2004
author : mbologna
One way to improve your speed is to do track work that totals the time and distance goal. The idea is to slowly condition your body to be comfortable at your goal pace.