General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Group Ride: Central Phoenix 6/26/2016 Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2016-06-21 1:58 PM

User image


28
25
Subject: Group Ride: Central Phoenix 6/26/2016
Trying to coordinate a ride for this Sunday 6/26/2016 see details below please let me know if you are interested in joining. All levels welcomed!

Date: 6/26/2016
Time: Roll out 5:00am
Location: Phoenix College Faculty parking lot North east corner of Thomas and 11th ave
Distance approximately 21 miles
Route: Loop through downtown Phoenix down central out to South Mountain ranger station and back. Bike route majority of the way low traffic this early in the morning.

West on Thomas to 15th ave head south to Grand avenue. East on Grand which turns into Van Buren. South on 1st Ave which will turn into Central and go all the way out to South Mountain. Into park and turn around at ranger station. Take central all the way back up to Thomas on the way back then head west on Thomas back to 11th ave parking lot.



2016-06-22 9:51 AM
in reply to: MelFord444

User image

Elite
3221
20001000100100
the desert
Subject: RE: Group Ride: Central Phoenix 6/26/2016

Originally posted by MelFord444 Trying to coordinate a ride for this Sunday 6/26/2016 see details below please let me know if you are interested in joining. All levels welcomed! Date: 6/26/2016 Time: Roll out 5:00am Location: Phoenix College Faculty parking lot North east corner of Thomas and 11th ave Distance approximately 21 miles Route: Loop through downtown Phoenix down central out to South Mountain ranger station and back. Bike route majority of the way low traffic this early in the morning. West on Thomas to 15th ave head south to Grand avenue. East on Grand which turns into Van Buren. South on 1st Ave which will turn into Central and go all the way out to South Mountain. Into park and turn around at ranger station. Take central all the way back up to Thomas on the way back then head west on Thomas back to 11th ave parking lot.

 

pretty sure I'm in

2016-06-22 4:39 PM
in reply to: Fitzy

User image


28
25
Subject: RE: Group Ride: Central Phoenix 6/26/2016
Originally posted by Fitzy

Originally posted by MelFord444 Trying to coordinate a ride for this Sunday 6/26/2016 see details below please let me know if you are interested in joining. All levels welcomed! Date: 6/26/2016 Time: Roll out 5:00am Location: Phoenix College Faculty parking lot North east corner of Thomas and 11th ave Distance approximately 21 miles Route: Loop through downtown Phoenix down central out to South Mountain ranger station and back. Bike route majority of the way low traffic this early in the morning. West on Thomas to 15th ave head south to Grand avenue. East on Grand which turns into Van Buren. South on 1st Ave which will turn into Central and go all the way out to South Mountain. Into park and turn around at ranger station. Take central all the way back up to Thomas on the way back then head west on Thomas back to 11th ave parking lot.

 

pretty sure I'm in




Great!
2016-07-01 8:50 PM
in reply to: MelFord444

User image

Elite
3221
20001000100100
the desert
Subject: RE: Group Ride: Central Phoenix 6/26/2016

Try it again sometime? I'm racing Sunday, but likely riding on Monday (The 4th)

2016-07-04 4:03 PM
in reply to: Fitzy

User image


28
25
Subject: RE: Group Ride: Central Phoenix 6/26/2016
Originally posted by Fitzy

Try it again sometime? I'm racing Sunday, but likely riding on Monday (The 4th)




Yes definitely, just getting on here for the week so just seeing this now but maybe something for this weekend coming up? Saturday or Sunday?
2016-07-06 7:59 PM
in reply to: MelFord444

User image

Elite
3221
20001000100100
the desert
Subject: RE: Group Ride: Central Phoenix 6/26/2016

I can't this weekend as the family and I are doing the Mountain Man Sprint Tri as a relay.  My teen daughter rocked the swim last year!



2016-07-07 10:36 AM
in reply to: Fitzy

User image


28
25
Subject: RE: Group Ride: Central Phoenix 6/26/2016
Originally posted by Fitzy

I can't this weekend as the family and I are doing the Mountain Man Sprint Tri as a relay.  My teen daughter rocked the swim last year!




Awesome!!!! Have fun and good luck!
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Group Ride: Central Phoenix 6/26/2016 Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

riding group tucson

Started by scoobydrew
Views: 1830 Posts: 10

2012-12-24 5:35 PM tricayo

Am I to Slow for a group ride?

Started by swimfaster
Views: 695 Posts: 6

2009-06-17 11:53 AM azstaterick

ESCKTC Group Training - Wed afternoon Ride/ Run thread Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13

Started by robot
Views: 6545 Posts: 301

2009-05-27 2:34 PM StandsWithFist

Phoenix Ride

Started by baggyman
Views: 724 Posts: 5

2008-04-25 3:56 PM robot

Where to Ride in Phoenix

Started by ironjohn929
Views: 1000 Posts: 7

2008-03-28 11:07 AM robot
RELATED ARTICLES
date : May 12, 2009
author : mat steinmetz
comments : 0
I'm too slow for some group rides and of course I want to increase it for races. What exercise/training should I be focusing on?
 
date : December 15, 2008
author : FitWerx
comments : 0
I own both a road bike and a tri bike. I am wondering which bike I should be riding during off season training, or does it matter?
date : July 8, 2008
author : Writebrained
comments : 10
Riding Zen means nothing more than being keenly aware of your surroundings and in control of your emotional state at all times. It also means riding safe and riding smart.
 
date : January 29, 2006
author : Rich Strauss
comments : 2
The most valuable thing you can do for your endurance training is to schedule a weekly 2-4hr long ride from now until the end of time. Simply make this “what you do” every Saturday or Sunday morning.
date : January 1, 2006
author : acbadger
comments : 0
Individuals are just that, individuals and need individual programs. However, with a group the size of yours, it may be difficult for your coaches to do 25 individual workouts.
 
date : November 27, 2005
author : Ontherun
comments : 0
For most age-group triathletes, getting the most out of there time for quality workouts can be daunting. Think outside the triangle to get a little more.
date : November 27, 2005
author : Rich Strauss
comments : 0
Tri clubs offer all of us, from beginner to advanced athlete, a venue in which we can realign our perspective of what “fast” and “far” are, pushing us to new and greater heights of performance.
 
date : September 5, 2004
author : Team BT
comments : 0
The start of the race I had the jitters. I was watching the other age groups start as they seeded the swim with over 1000 participants.