Transition 2
  • 01m 57s
Run
  • 2h 03m
  • 13.1 kms
  • 09m 23s  min/km
Post race
Event comments:

A fun day. 1st place in my age group (F40-44). I felt really good. Stayed in control and didn't over swim, over bike, or over run. Raced, but stayed in a good zone.

Swim - Ocean bay. Water was said to be 76 degrees, but it felt a few degrees warmer than this. I wore speedsuit - way too warm for a wetsuit. The race did a good job with keeping a full 5 minutes between the wave starts. Each wave had a different color cap. I was in wave 3. Deep in water start. I took the lead in my wave fairly quickly. Mike said the 2 people closest to me were way behind. I caught up with some people in the previous 2 waves. 1 big swim rectangle. I had lots of open water. Mike said I was out of the water 5-6 minutes before anyone else in my wave. Gotta love when all those hours of college swimming pays off. ;-)

T1 - A little slow. My hair became twisted in the back strap of my helmet. Yes - I should have worn my race/aero helmet instead of my everyday one.

Bike - This was a tough course for me since it was very technical with lots of tight and 180 degree turns. It was 4 out and backs, but for each of the 4 half of the lap double backed on itself. It was not too bad the first two laps, but the course was really crowded by lap 3 and 4. They were racing an international distance and a sprint distance on the same course and these races joined the half that was already started. Part of the course was on some crappy road. Tight and technical course. Hard to really relax and find a good groove. This was great practice for me. I am not a technical rider, so although this was challenging, it was good for me. The race volunteers did a good job warning us of the rough road and turns. As confusing as the course was, they did a good job marking, coning it, and full volunteer/police support.

T2 - better than T1, but my hair was twisted and stuck in my helmet, again......sigh.

Run - 3 laps. I liked the run course. It was on a lot of paths and along the road. Again, it was a little confusing with all the different distance races, but it was very well marked and lots of volunteers to make sure everyone was going the correct direction. They had GUMMY BEARS (my fav). :-) Felt decent. Ran the entire run, but did slow down to walk at some of the aid stations for water and gummy bears.

Overall - A fun day. I am really glad I did this race. Great training. Hot day (high 80's). It is a nice, independent, local race.

Last updated: 2016-06-22 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:26:43 | 2112 yards | 01m 16s / 100yards
Age Group: 1/
Overall: 0/
Performance:
Suit: speedsuit
Course: 1 rectangle
Start type: Deep Water Plus: Waves
Water temp: 78F / 26C Current: Low
200M Perf. Remainder:
Breathing: Drafting:
Waves: Navigation:
Rounding:
T1
Time: 00:00
Performance:
Cap removal: Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike:
Jump on bike:
Getting up to speed:
Biking
03:06:00 | 56 kms | 18.06 km/hr
Performance:
Wind:
Course:
Road:   Cadence:
Turns: Cornering:
Gear changes: Hills:
Race pace: Drinks:
T2
Time: 01:57
Overall:
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike
Racking bike
Shoe and helmet removal
Running
02:03:00 | 13.1 kms | 09m 23s  min/km
Performance:
Course:
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 5
Physical exertion [1-5] 5
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2016-08-15 3:11 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Subject: Chula Vista Challenge
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Chula Vista Challenge Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Chula Vista Challenge

Started by obohlman
Views: 1236 Posts: 1

2011-11-17 7:19 PM obohlman

Buena Vista Bike Fest - Century

Started by rayd
Views: 1068 Posts: 1

2010-05-16 5:25 PM rayd

1st Annual Vista Grande High School 5K

Started by todds
Views: 1138 Posts: 1

2010-02-27 10:43 AM todds

Diez Vista

Started by ultramike
Views: 732 Posts: 1

2007-10-12 11:37 PM ultramike

Buena Vista Bike Fest

Started by devo27
Views: 1441 Posts: 2

2006-05-22 1:19 PM COgirl
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 14, 2008
author : dr_forbush
comments : 0
In addition to writing your race number on each upper arm, they also wrote your age on your calf. This allowed me to see who was passing me by in the bike section of this race.

date : November 28, 2007
author : Tri Swim Coach
Question and answers on swimming strength challenges, is kicking important, 'runners kick' with ankle inflexibility and the usefulness of fins, pool buoys and paddles.
date : October 9, 2007
author : dr_forbush
comments : 9
The boat was being tossed around. Someone noted that there were whitecaps on the waves. Another guy said, “This is going to be challenging.” I began to wonder what he meant by 'challenging'.

date : July 10, 2007
author : Ontherun
Having three seasons under my belt I thought I knew what I was doing. That all changed with a few new challenges and a bunch of new friends.
date : January 7, 2007
author : Ontherun
comments : 4
We were all there once, a beginner. Time to take the challenge and help a beginner triathlete!

date : January 29, 2006
author : lv2teach
comments : 1
It’s a challenge to push yourself a little harder and a little further. Be proud of every workout that is accomplished and every step-even the baby ones-that you take on this course to the finishline.
date : November 27, 2005
author : AMSSM
Try to view your injury as another athletic challenge and an opportunity for personal learning and growth. Identify the skills that help you succeed as an athlete.

date : September 3, 2005
author : infosteward
The Boulder Peak bike course is legendary. It is, literally and named as such, one of the toughest bike legs in the country.