UK Triathlon Forum England » Looking for UK sprint in summer 2018 Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply
2017-08-07 8:09 AM

User image

Expert
Harrisburg, PA
Subject: Looking for UK sprint in summer 2018
I haven't posted on BT in years but am looking for assistance and guidance. We often plan our family vacations, specifically the dates and itinerary, based on any sprint distance triathlons or running events that I might be able to do. We will be traveling from the US to England for a 7-10 day vacation in 2018, around mid-June to mid-July. I am looking for suggestions for an event(s) in this time frame, probably in central to southern England, but am not limiting myself to just those parts.

About me: 55-year-old male. I have only done sprints, just completed my 48th sprint tri, and I usually finish in the middle overall. In my last events I finished overall 47/101, 138/226, 10/35, 39/91, etc. I am not, nor ever will be, a fast swimmer. I do both pool and open water swims. I ride a carbon road bike with aero bars. My tri running times average about 25 to 27+ minutes. I usually do better in smaller events and I do 4 to 5 sprints a year. My goal is to try to place in my age group. Sometimes I do, often I don't.

I am open to all suggestions, with the general calendar time frame being the critical factor. Another factor is the ability to rent a carbon road bike. I am NOT packing and shipping my road bike; more trouble and expense that it is worth for me. Three years ago we vacationed in southern and western Ireland where I did an event called Tri-Monkstown, and I found it difficult, difficult, difficult to rent a road bike. I finally managed to find a store willing to rent an aluminum road bike a size or two too small and I nearly lost it on at least one curve of the bike leg. I am hoping there are more opportunities to rent a road bike in England, and maybe finding a shop that rents might influence which event I do.

I am also open to a 5K or 10k running event that might be happening before or after a triathlon. Maybe one at the start of the trip and one at the end possibly.

If I am lucky I hope to catch a Manic Street Preachers show while we're there. We might have to head over to Wales if need be since they don't seem to be coming to the US.

Thank you, in advance, for any and all responses.

2018-05-09 3:17 PM
in reply to: nxm165

Subject: RE: Looking for UK sprint in summer 2018
Hi there, the best site to find this stuff is probably https://www.britishtriathlon.org/events/search

For the little I know, I really enjoyed my first http://raceseries.thamesturbo.com/our-races/sprint-race-series/this Monday, there's one in August as well.

I hope it helps
New Thread
UK Triathlon Forum England » Looking for UK sprint in summer 2018 Rss Feed