BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Baowolf's Life Balance Group.. (OPEN!) Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 4

2018-06-30 10:57 PM
in reply to: #5244770

Subject: RE: Baowolf's Life Balance Group.. (OPEN!)
I had a good week. Road rash almost entirely gone. The only lingering pain is my tailbone. I can tell it was cracked. Nothing to do about that but suffer through the pain and it will heal in about 6-8 more weeks.

With a long run and some interval swimming planned for tomorrow morning, I will have over 10 hours of training this week. I just picked up in my training guide as if I had not missed those 2+ weeks. A little extra soreness at first and I definitely could feel that my conditioning had slipped - probably gained 5-8 pounds (I get depressed and eat more when I can't exercise).

But the main thing is that I'm back at it and I think I can be ready if I don't have any further setbacks.

It is definitely a bigger commitment in terms of time to train for this distance. It's going to require me to be very efficient in how I manage my time!

2018-08-06 9:13 AM
in reply to: Saul Goodman

This has been very silent... are you all on holidays?!

I am now 8 weeks to my first 70.3... And I've been lazy... I've skipped several workouts due to professional and personal issues... I am hoping that in this 8 weeks I'll be able to do all my sessions...

The good news is that I am injuries free!

The bad... I don't feel prepared at all...

2018-09-14 10:28 AM
in reply to: cconst

well.... almost only two weeks (16 days) for my first ever middle-distance triathlon.

Last weekend I made a reconnaissance of the bike course followed by a run trying my nutrition plan. What I've planned isn't causing me any gastro issues (yhey!)... however I underestimated fluid and carbs intake. And that showed in the run part (only ran for about 5 km without suffering)

I've been feeling tired... feels like my body is telling me to stop training or to go easier (has if it was possible)... But I am afraid that if I go easier it will show in the race.
(yesterday was a good day for me: ran 14 km in 1h15... I was surprised with myself. Even set some strava segments personal bests )

The only thing that I want is to finish. If possible finish hard whatever the finish time (well I'm hoping to go under 7hrs).

I feel confident in swim and bike (I am not planning to go hard: about 45 min to swim and 3h45 hr in the bike)... my problem is the run part of the race. If I don't fuel properly I don't know how I'll finish...

Any advice?! I never tried run+walk... Do you consider this method an option?!

Another advice needed: in this IM 70.3 race, there will be a 600m transition from swim to bike. And therefore the organization added a new bag where we can leave a pair of running shoes. There will be carpet on all transition area. Do you think running shoes at that point is a must!? (as soon as I get home, I go barefoot...)

thanks guys!
2018-10-01 5:47 AM

Hi!

Yesterday was my first IRONMAN 70.3 event! And the first time that I've made this distance!

I am glad to say that it went better than I anticipated. Managed to finish after 6h12'39''!!!

It was an awesome experience that I have enjoyed every minute of it!
2018-10-01 8:09 AM

User image

Alexandria, Virginia
congrats! and that's a really good time for a first half! and the best part is you had fun doing it. great job!
2018-10-01 11:48 AM
in reply to: phifatech

Originally posted by phifatech
congrats! and that's a really good time for a first half! and the best part is you had fun doing it. great job!

Thanks!!! Yeah, I really had a lot of fun... I expected to suffer a bit more, but no: I really really enjoyed it!!!

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Baowolf's Life Balance Group.. (OPEN!) Rss Feed  

of 4