General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Carbon brake pads Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2018-06-21 7:09 AM

Subject: Carbon brake pads
My buddy is letting me use his race wheels for race day. My race is on Sunday and I want to get out on the road with these wheels before (nothing new on race day). He also gave me the carbon brake pads to put on my bike. I have a Jamis Xenith T1 and the brakes are hidden. The brake pads currently on the bike do not look too much different from the pads my friend gave me. I also know for a fact that the bikes previous owner used carbon wheels for race day. I think the pads on the bike are carbon, but I do not know for sure. How do you tell? It might explain the relatively poor performance the brakes are with my alu training wheelset.

2018-06-21 9:34 PM
in reply to: TLinderman14

Subject: RE: Carbon brake pads
The pads that came with my carbon flo's would be very difficult to tell the difference between regular pads unless you had some personal experience with them. I would not risk it. Swap out the pads, it's pretty straight forward, I'm sure there is a youtube video out there. The only tip I'd offer up is when you're aligning the brakes to put them back on, by grabbing the brake you can get them in just the right spot.
2018-06-22 9:14 AM
in reply to: TLinderman14

User image

Extreme Veteran
Olathe
Subject: RE: Carbon brake pads
Even if the current pads are carbon, if they have been run with AL wheels, they could have AL shards in the pads that could damage carbon rims. Pads should go with the wheels and only be used with the wheels to avoid contaminants that could gouge the carbon wheels.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Carbon brake pads Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

No-Name Carbon Wheels

Started by TriToFinish57
Views: 1661 Posts: 8

2017-07-13 7:23 PM triosaurus

Cannondale Synapse Carbon vs. Cervelo R3?

Started by wrkinprogress
Views: 10373 Posts: 8

2017-12-26 3:11 PM Rtmka