Other Resources The Political Joe » You say you want a revolution..... Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2018-10-30 9:11 AM

User image

Champion
Alabama
Subject: You say you want a revolution.....
https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/actor-james-cromwell-warns-of-...

I understand people get frustrated.....especially in today's world of instant gratification. But people need to think this through and step back and realize, "not everyone sees the world as I see it". Just because you are adamant in your beliefs does not mean you are right or that your views represent the majority.

So the ironic thing is, riots and protest and demonstrations happen in the large population centers....which are overwhelmingly democrat. There is a reason you don't see flag burning demonstrations in rural Alabama....

I have no interest in protests, riots, demonstration in the big cities. They accomplish NOTHING. But if they think they can overthrow the government vis a revolution or civil war they are delusional. Hard to imagine a "war" but city folk are at a distinct disadvantage. Shut down the power grid and within days people in the big city are hungry and hurting. For most country folks, it would be an adventure....kinda like camping out at home. Fire up the Coleman stove, shoot a few squirrels for dinner, head to the lake to catch some fish. Several years ago we had some bad tornados come thru and we were without power to about 7 days. I LOVED it! I used my fish fryer to heat bath water, cooked burgers and chicken on the grill, fired up the generator to watch TV. But imagine life in NYC with 12 million people with no power.....no subway....no traffic light means total CF traffic jams so food supply trucks could not make it into the city.

Maybe this is a good idea for that novel I've been wanting to write all my life.....

2018-10-30 9:53 AM
in reply to: Rogillio

User image

Pro
Subject: RE: You say you want a revolution.....

Every time I hear a protestor screaming that "this is what the people want" I look around at the folks near me and don't see any of the people they are talking about. LOL

As far as the left starting some kind of armed revolution.......they need to think that through a bit more.  HAHAHA!!!

2018-10-30 12:13 PM

User image

, Arizona
Originally posted by Rogillio

Maybe this is a good idea for that novel I've been wanting to write all my life.....

There was a TV series with the same premise, set 15 years after the start of a worldwide permanent electrical-power blackout. It was called Revolution.

It's a shame entertainers use their platform as a means of making fools of themselves, not sure why anyone would take what he said seriously. Pretty obvious Fox was looking for someone to demonize the left as violent, just as networks on the left find people who demonize the right.
2018-10-30 12:33 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Pro

Originally posted by Synon
Originally posted by Rogillio Maybe this is a good idea for that novel I've been wanting to write all my life.....
There was a TV series with the same premise, set 15 years after the start of a worldwide permanent electrical-power blackout. It was called Revolution. It's a shame entertainers use their platform as a means of making fools of themselves, not sure why anyone would take what he said seriously. Pretty obvious Fox was looking for someone to demonize the left as violent, just as networks on the left find people who demonize the right.

The funny thing about that.......in my work I hear someone saying there is going to be a violent revolution at least every single day.  Sometimes I hear it numerous times in a day.  EVERY SINGLE TIME it is from a person who is anti-President Trump.....Every. Single. Time.

The funny thing about that......it is almost always from people who actually have the least means to accomplish a revolution.....and least for longer than it would take for them to use up their ham sandwich and both bullets they own.....but they are counting on "the people" to be right there with them.....collectively about 8 lbs. of ham and a couple hundred bullets....they may get through a few hours.

Yes, I know that most violent acts seem to be committed by right-wing nut cases.....and I think the right definately owns the most individuals capable of doing stupid crap on their own.  But, when it comes to mob mentality, the left rules....without question.  Of course I'm talking about the far side of both parties, but the left pushes in toward their base much more than the far right does.  For example, nobody on the right, except for other actually insane people, would think of defending the maga bomber, or the synagogue attacker.  However, many on the left proclaim to sympathize with protestors blocking streets, accosting people in restaurants, breaking windows, etc......they call it free speech (although it really isn't).

So no, both sides are not the same.

Will there actually BE a revolution......I think the chances are slim, but I do think, based on the reactions from the left I have watched over the last 2 years, that people will die if the Republicans maintain control over both branches of Congress.  How many?  I guess we'll see.  If the Dems unseat the Republicans in the house or senate......there will still be stupidity from the left......the mob is the mob.

Edited by Left Brain 2018-10-30 12:36 PM
2018-10-30 2:18 PM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Champion
Tacoma, Washington

Originally posted by Left Brain

Every time I hear a protestor screaming that "this is what the people want" I look around at the folks near me and don't see any of the people they are talking about. LOL

This is what happens when one lives in an echo chamber...

2018-10-30 2:22 PM

User image

Champion
Tacoma, Washington

I stumbled on a post on Velocipede Salon yesterday that linked an interesting study (full text can be downloaded here) on the seven "tribes" in the US, and how they differ. I'm not too far into it yet, but it's interesting stuff, and so far SO true. Worth a read.

2018-10-30 2:47 PM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Champion
Alabama

Originally posted by Rogillio Maybe this is a good idea for that novel I've been wanting to write all my life.....
There was a TV series with the same premise, set 15 years after the start of a worldwide permanent electrical-power blackout. It was called Revolution. It's a shame entertainers use their platform as a means of making fools of themselves, not sure why anyone would take what he said seriously. Pretty obvious Fox was looking for someone to demonize the left as violent, just as networks on the left find people who demonize the right.

The funny thing about that.......in my work I hear someone saying there is going to be a violent revolution at least every single day.  Sometimes I hear it numerous times in a day.  EVERY SINGLE TIME it is from a person who is anti-President Trump.....Every. Single. Time.

The funny thing about that......it is almost always from people who actually have the least means to accomplish a revolution.....and least for longer than it would take for them to use up their ham sandwich and both bullets they own.....but they are counting on "the people" to be right there with them.....collectively about 8 lbs. of ham and a couple hundred bullets....they may get through a few hours.

Yes, I know that most violent acts seem to be committed by right-wing nut cases.....and I think the right definately owns the most individuals capable of doing stupid crap on their own.  But, when it comes to mob mentality, the left rules....without question.  Of course I'm talking about the far side of both parties, but the left pushes in toward their base much more than the far right does.  For example, nobody on the right, except for other actually insane people, would think of defending the maga bomber, or the synagogue attacker.  However, many on the left proclaim to sympathize with protestors blocking streets, accosting people in restaurants, breaking windows, etc......they call it free speech (although it really isn't).

Will there actually BE a revolution......I think the chances are slim, but I do think, based on the reactions from the left I have watched over the last 2 years, that people will die if the Republicans maintain control over both branches of Congress.  How many?  I guess we'll see.  If the Dems unseat the Republicans in the house or senate......there will still be stupidity from the left......the mob is the mob.

I'll take it a step further....most on the right would do anything thing they could to take out these people before they go off the deep end. I remember a few years ago some white supremacist showed up a Tea Party rally in a pointy white hat and was told in no uncertain term, GTFO. Of course, not before someone snapped a picture of him so they could paint the whole Tea Party as racists.

When was the last time you saw a liberal politician or Obama cabinet member or Obama press secretary harassed and/or asked service at a restaurant? RE the guy that ripped off the kid's MAGA hat? When have you ever heard of someone ripping someone's pssy hat off and throwing a drink in their face. I know these are isolated and I won't blame the left for the actions of a few but I will blame them democrat politicians for not strongly condemning this type of behavior. I think if they did, they would gain support for the left. People harass a republican politicians in a restaurant or some celebrity goes on a hateful f-Trump rant or harass someone in an elevator or shoot a bullet into the an GOP party headquarters democrats should all go on TV the next day:

"I understand you anger. I feel your pain but this type of uncivil behavior is counter-productive to the democrat party. This not what the democrat party stands for. We are better than this. We are civil and tolerant people and we understand that they way to effect change in our country is thru the ballot box. Please channel your anger and enthusiasm to help democrats get elected so we can make real changes. Send your contributions to the DNC. Volunteer at your local DNC office to help get democrats elected."

OK, I won't be writing any more democrat speeches. Just seems obvious to me. You would think someone on the left would have figured out how to turn a negative into a positive for their side. OTOH, maybe they think these type of things help motivate people on the left?

2018-10-30 2:51 PM

User image

Pro

I'll take it a step further....most on the right would do anything thing they could to take out these people before they go off the deep end. I remember a few years ago some white supremacist showed up a Tea Party rally in a pointy white hat and was told in no uncertain term, GTFO. Of course, not before someone snapped a picture of him so they could paint the whole Tea Party as racists. When was the last time you saw a liberal politician or Obama cabinet member or Obama press secretary harassed and/or asked service at a restaurant? RE the guy that ripped off the kid's MAGA hat? When have you ever heard of someone ripping someone's pssy hat off and throwing a drink in their face. I know these are isolated and I won't blame the left for the actions of a few but I will blame them democrat politicians for not strongly condemning this type of behavior. I think if they did, they would gain support for the left. People harass a republican politicians in a restaurant or some celebrity goes on a hateful f-Trump rant or harass someone in an elevator or shoot a bullet into the an GOP party headquarters democrats should all go on TV the next day: "I understand you anger. I feel your pain but this type of uncivil behavior is counter-productive to the democrat party. This not what the democrat party stands for. We are better than this. We are civil and tolerant people and we understand that they way to effect change in our country is thru the ballot box. Please channel your anger and enthusiasm to help democrats get elected so we can make real changes. Send your contributions to the DNC. Volunteer at your local DNC office to help get democrats elected." OK, I won't be writing any more democrat speeches. Just seems obvious to me. You would think someone on the left would have figured out how to turn a negative into a positive for their side. OTOH, maybe they think these type of things help motivate people on the left?

Honestly.....the longer it goes on the dumber I think they must be. LMAO

2018-10-30 3:34 PM

User image

, Arizona

I will blame them democrat politicians for not strongly condemning this type of behavior.

Your speech, is that the one Trump made during the Gianforte rally? Sounds similar, but I remember more laughing.

2018-10-30 4:05 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Pro
Tejas

Not to sound all bludgenous, but I hope it works out better for you than your foray into verse.

Edited by mdg2003 2018-10-30 4:05 PM
2018-10-30 5:48 PM
in reply to: mdg2003

User image

Champion
Alabama
Originally posted by mdg2003

Not to sound all bludgenous, but I hope it works out better for you than your foray into verse.

Ouch! Man that hurt.

2018-10-30 11:12 PM
in reply to: briderdt

User image

Pro

Originally posted by briderdt

I stumbled on a post on Velocipede Salon yesterday that linked an interesting study (full text can be downloaded here) on the seven "tribes" in the US, and how they differ. I'm not too far into it yet, but it's interesting stuff, and so far SO true. Worth a read.

Man....that's hard to read.  I think I'm WAY too stupid to be a scientist. LOL

New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » You say you want a revolution..... Rss Feed