General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » My name is Andre Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2019-02-09 6:21 PM

Subject: My name is Andre
I'm an over the road truck driver who is completely new to the sport of triathalon! Over the past year I have put on some weight, well quite a bit of weight and I'm looking to doing something radical enough to change it. So I thought committing myself to train for a half iron would be the answer. I really wanted to push myself to get ready and do augusta but I think realistically I might pull back and set my sights on doing oceanside for next year. Someone once said do something that scares you repeatedly until you are afraid no more. Here is to a new me, new life....#IronTrucker

2019-02-10 11:03 AM
in reply to: #5255221

User image

Subject: RE: My name is Andre
Welcome! Consider joining one of the mentor groups. Todd’s TriTurtles is a great one for new folks to the sport....btw, my dad drove an 18 wheeler for many decades....
2019-02-12 7:03 PM
in reply to: slapmaxwell1

User image

Champion
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Bronze member
Subject: RE: My name is Andre

Welcome Andre.

There are two schools of thought.

School 1:  Make small changes that you can sustain and after accumulating a bunch of small changes, you're in an entirely new place.  

School 2:  BHAG (Big Hairy * Goals) result in big and immediate changes.  

"Pulling back" is deferring your ultimate goal (Queue "Somewhere, over the rainbow...")  of getting fit.  

Realistically, training for a HIM takes 4-7 hours per week with maybe 2 months of 7-10 hours per week.  You'll need blocks of time to do a long ride (2 building to 3 hours) and long run (1 building to 2 hours) but otherwise comprises 30-60 minute workouts.  

New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » My name is Andre Rss Feed