General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Tempe, AZ Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2019-07-10 12:25 PM

Subject: Tempe, AZ
Hello,

My name is Steve and I am wading into the tri waters with zero experience. I have so little experience that I had to take swimming lessons to understand technique. I ran a marathon 6 years ago and do crossfit a couple of times per week. I am basically starting from scratch with the end goal of completing a 1/2 Ironman in 2020. I'm going to sign up for a sprint to run in 3 months.

One of my main issues is that I'm broke with no road bike. I am currently trying to slog it out on a mountain bike until I can get a serviceable road bike. I am 285 lbs currently so I need a pretty heavy duty bike at least for now.

Any suggestions that anyone has on just about anything, I am a sponge, so let me have it.

Steve

2019-07-10 6:39 PM
in reply to: 0

Subject: RE: Tempe, AZ
Welcome to BT.

You can do sprints on a mountain bike. I did my first tri (a sprint) on my mountain bike. My second triathlon, early the following summer, was a half iron and I did it on my new road bike. But when I was out there on the bike course there was a big old tall guy on a mountain bike, and he finished.

Edited by HaydenHunter 2019-07-10 6:39 PM
2019-07-16 9:00 PM
in reply to: bigstevel88fly@yahoo

User image

Master
White Oak, Texas
Subject: RE: Tempe, AZ
Welcome to BT. Sprints on a MT bike are doable you wont win races but you can do it. look for a used bike Craigslist ect and make sure you do your research before ya buy one. Have fun. Get fit. and Have fun oh I said that already. lol
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Tempe, AZ Rss Feed