General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Sunday Runday 7-28-19 Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2019-07-28 8:44 AM

User image

Subject: Sunday Runday 7-28-19
A little over 10 miles this morning. Tried to stay in zone 2. Think I did for the first 7-8 miles. I picked the pace up the last 2 miles which may have tipped my average heart rate into Z3 for the run.

Have a productive day!

2019-07-28 10:28 AM
in reply to: Parkland

User image

, Pennsylvania
Subject: RE: Sunday Runday 7-28-19
25 on the tri bike this morning. I haven't ridden the bike since "trainer season". What a difference.

I think I went out a little hard and my body wasn't ready for the different position. Have to decide if I ride it in next weeks race, or stick with the roadie.

3 mile run off the bike.

Not sure what's next for the day.

Cheers everyone.

2019-07-29 8:30 AM
in reply to: PigeonTri

User image

Cypress, Texas
Subject: RE: Sunday Runday 7-28-19

Originally posted by Parkland A little over 10 miles this morning. Tried to stay in zone 2. Think I did for the first 7-8 miles. I picked the pace up the last 2 miles which may have tipped my average heart rate into Z3 for the run. Have a productive day!

Nice run.  Hit the last two miles at Z3 is getting after it.  You can't do those type of workouts without a lot of hard work leading up to it.

Originally posted by PigeonTri 25 on the tri bike this morning. I haven't ridden the bike since "trainer season". What a difference. I think I went out a little hard and my body wasn't ready for the different position. Have to decide if I ride it in next weeks race, or stick with the roadie. 3 mile run off the bike. Not sure what's next for the day. Cheers everyone.

I'm sure either will be fine.  I might favor the roadie just because I like to race the way I have practiced.  I use my Tri bike on the bike training and for outdoor rides.  When I am outdoors I ride aero for pretty much 100% of the ride.  The only three exceptions to that on Saturday's 2-hour ride were 1) that I came out of the saddle on a few of the hills to stand up.  I typically stay in the saddle even on hills in races, but this was an easy training ride and I was just having fun.  2) I also came out of aero when I took a water bottle from the water bottle cage on the frame of the bike to refill the between the arm water tank.  3) I did two out and backs and when I made the 180 deg turn around I came out of aero.  So outdoor aero comes easy.  On the bike trainer indoors I struggle with the aero position. I am upright at least 50% of the trainer rides and some of those workouts are more like 85% upright.  

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Sunday Runday 7-28-19 Rss Feed