Other Resources The Political Joe » Navy Seal Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2019-11-26 9:58 AM

User image

Champion
Alabama
Subject: Navy Seal
Trump facing criticism for his order for Seal to keep his trident badge. Should the seal have taken the photos with the dead terrorist. Personally I have no issue with that. The man is dead and is beyond caring. Then again, I am a barbarian.

At any rate, when the Commander and Chief issues a directive you follow it. Sec Def was right to fire the Sec Nav. Sec Nav discarded himself for trashing Trump on the steps of the pentagon.

2019-11-26 11:50 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Pro
Subject: RE: Navy Seal

More people who "feel" the President is wrong.....who cares?  They all need to step down and move on.....clean every damn one of them out.

I don't have any problem with whatever happens to Muslim enemy combatants on the battle field.  Hell, they'll cut our soldiers head's off, and have.  This is not 1945.

Edited by Left Brain 2019-11-26 11:51 AM
2019-11-27 7:06 AM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Master
White Oak, Texas
Well it looks like this one of the few (only) time I can remember I disagree with you folks. I Believe the Navy and Military in general have been unfairly targeting our servicemen and prosecuting them unjustly. I am glad trump overturned the convictions. I wish he had done it sooner. The UCMJ needs to be reviewed I can attest from first hand knowledge the unfairness and unequal application of it. (my experience was far less serious they those we are focusing on). But posing with the body and taking pictures was a direct violation of regulations and based on that he deserves the reduction in paygrade.
2019-11-27 7:41 AM
in reply to: CBarnes

User image

Champion
Alabama
Originally posted by CBarnes

Well it looks like this one of the few (only) time I can remember I disagree with you folks. I Believe the Navy and Military in general have been unfairly targeting our servicemen and prosecuting them unjustly. I am glad trump overturned the convictions. I wish he had done it sooner. The UCMJ needs to be reviewed I can attest from first hand knowledge the unfairness and unequal application of it. (my experience was far less serious they those we are focusing on). But posing with the body and taking pictures was a direct violation of regulations and based on that he deserves the reduction in paygrade.

You ever been shot at? Ever see people live people beheaded? Ever seen you buddy lose a leg to an IED?

Yeah, me either. How does seeing these things effect you judgement? I am inclined to give the warfighter the benefit of the doubt.

I prefer the guys and gals in combat not have to worry about being charged with a war crime based on a split second decision they make in the heat of battle.
2019-11-27 8:10 AM
in reply to: Rogillio

User image

Pro

If we're going to send our men and women on 3, 4, 5 tours or more of combat, then expect it.  I don't know the whole story, and doubt any of us who discuss it do either......and I don't care.  He's been punished enough.......move along.

2019-11-27 8:41 PM
in reply to: Rogillio

User image

Master
White Oak, Texas
No I have not I am not a combat veteran. I believe he has been punished TOO MUCH as far as the conduct of the Navy it has been despicable. My only issue is with the last charge. We can not allow our serviceman to disregard basic rules of conduct. E-1 thru E-9 do not make policy but they are responsible for following policy sometimes that is just FKD UP. But we can not let each Sailor decide when and where he or she will follow the regulations. Thus I say on the last charge he should be held accountable. This does not mean it is a WARCRIME a simple violation of article 92? of the UCMJ captains mast administrative not judicial punishment. Now the Officer in charge of this entire POS trial need to be held responsible for conduct bringing discredit to the United States Navy, Conduct unbecoming a Naval Officer. And at the least stand trial for Dereliction of duty. They should be Court Marshaled I can add to this list if I felt like typing longer.

2019-11-29 9:58 AM
in reply to: CBarnes

User image

Pro

Originally posted by CBarnes No I have not I am not a combat veteran. I believe he has been punished TOO MUCH as far as the conduct of the Navy it has been despicable. My only issue is with the last charge. We can not allow our serviceman to disregard basic rules of conduct. E-1 thru E-9 do not make policy but they are responsible for following policy sometimes that is just FKD UP. But we can not let each Sailor decide when and where he or she will follow the regulations. Thus I say on the last charge he should be held accountable. This does not mean it is a WARCRIME a simple violation of article 92? of the UCMJ captains mast administrative not judicial punishment. Now the Officer in charge of this entire POS trial need to be held responsible for conduct bringing discredit to the United States Navy, Conduct unbecoming a Naval Officer. And at the least stand trial for Dereliction of duty. They should be Court Marshaled I can add to this list if I felt like typing longer.

I understand your point and it's a decent one for sure.  In this particular incident, to me, if part of the Navy's case is a mess then so is the rest of it.  As I said, and you even took it a step further, he's been punished enough.  Art. 92,  I could get on board with that....take his SEAL Trident away......hell no.  I think the President made the right call.

New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » Navy Seal Rss Feed