General Discussion Race Reports! » Taturs Reckless Redneck Downhill Mile Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Taturs Reckless Redneck Downhill Mile - Run

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Tulsa, Oklahoma
United States
Tatura
Total Time = 4h 41m
Overall Rank = 5/94
Age Group = 30-34
Age Group Rank = 1/4
Pre-race routine:

I had my race plan, favorite shoes, and favorite running outfit. I wasn't sure if I was ready for the race since I hadn't been doing a lot of speed work and much volume. I just tried to stay calm and suppress the butterflies. Talking to the other people there and enjoying the energy of the other athletes help with this.
Event warmup:

Lots of moderate strides about 10 x 50m
Run
  • 04m 41s
  • 1 miles
  • 04m 41s  min/mile
Comments:

Most people went out too fast and trashed their legs going down the first hill and were in pain the whole rest of the run finishing with with less than stellar times. I did the slowest possible jog I could until I was well clear of the first hill then I slowly picked up the juice. I the last 1/2 mile I passed about 8 people. I passed Kyle Brady with about 150m to go. I knew where the finish was because I had jogged the whole course in warm up. He couldn't see the finish and let me pass him because I was at a dead sprint and he didn't know how much further we had to go. I waited too long to pass him though because when we turned the last corner and he could see how close we were to the finish he cranked up to the a full sprint too and caught me. He has sprinted me down at the end of the race twice. I was hoping to pay him back the favor today.
What would you do differently?:

Over all it was a well planned and well executed race plan. I could have shaved some time off the first half of the race if I hadn't gone out so slow, but then I wouldn't have had the incentive to try to run down Kyle at the end so the only difference would have been Kyle would have run me down from the back instead of me running him down from the back and then being over taken again. :-)
Post race
What limited your ability to perform faster:

This was a fast course. I was running it for fun and really was satisfied with how well I did considering I hadn't been training for this distance and certainly not for a down hill race. I was not peaking in training either so this was a for fun race that I did well in.

Last updated: 2015-03-18 12:00 AM
Running
00:04:41 | 01 miles | 04m 41s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/4
Overall: 0/94
Performance:
Course: This course took you out about 100 meters on a paved rode then straight down a really steep 150m meter hill. At the bottom of the hill you got off the road and went onto a paved running path that had about 50% flat and 50% moderate down hills.
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge
Organized?
Events on-time?
Lots of volunteers?
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5]

{postbutton}
2020-01-10 8:28 AM

User image

Cypress, Texas
Subject: Taturs Reckless Redneck Downhill Mile
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Taturs Reckless Redneck Downhill Mile Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Miles for Smiles 8k

Started by captantony
Views: 395 Posts: 1

2019-11-16 9:23 AM captantony

KEYS100 - 100 Mile

Started by timebaron
Views: 615 Posts: 1

2019-05-28 9:16 AM timebaron

Nav-E-Sink or Swim - 1.2 Mile

Started by swim114
Views: 818 Posts: 1