Other Resources The Political Joe » Where’s the beef? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2020-04-29 4:04 PM

User image

Champion
Alabama
Subject: Where’s the beef?
Been reading about possible beef, pork and pork shortages. I’m not worried as I could go fishing and hunting to put meat on the table. But I do feel for the tens of millions who live in the city who don’t have this option.

My suggesting to them is to stock up on beans. You can buy a bag of pinto or lima beans for $1.50 and provide protein for a family of four for a day or two.

Might need to sit out back with a shotgun to keep chicken poachers at bay....

I have hundreds of squirrels on my property. When I was a kid we hunted them now I just enjoy watching them. Squirrels make a good stew but IMO not much meat and lots of small bones. A few long neck geese fly over every morning so low I could hit them with a rock. But again, I enjoy watching them and will settle for a bucket of KFC.

Hope everyone is doing ok. Personally I have tired on the 24/7 covid news. Been watching old movies and rebuilding an engine. Seriously, bought a used 2.5L Jeep engine for $200 and am trashing myself how to rebuild an engine. Learning as I go. Soooo easy to learn these days as they is a video on EVERYTHING.

2020-04-29 4:41 PM
in reply to: Rogillio

User image

Pro
Subject: RE: Where’s the beef?

Originally posted by Rogillio  Seriously, bought a used 2.5L Jeep engine for $200 and am trashing mys700.00elf how to rebuild an engine. Learning as I go. Soooo easy to learn these days as they is a video on EVERYTHING.

I blew out the water pump/impeller on one of my outboard motors.  I called a few shops in the area and was told it would be 5-7 days to get the parts, and between 550.00 and 700.00 to make the repair.

I got on youtube and found a good repair video.  I ordered the parts from Amazon and they were at my door in 19 hours.  The next day i set my laptop up on the work bench and went to work.  Had to remove the lower unit, blah,blah,blah. In 2 hours I was putting it back together and at 3 hours I was done.  $35.00 total with 3 hours work......runs like a top.

I don't figure there is much I can't repair as long as the interwebs stay up.

As for meat......we couldn't eat all of the deer, duck, goose, bacon,  and fish in my drop freezer in 6 months.  i don't care what happens to the meat supply.

New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » Where’s the beef? Rss Feed