Other Resources The Political Joe » Calling marcag... Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2022-01-25 9:52 PM

User image

Pro
Subject: Calling marcag...

What's going on up there in the land of snow and ice?  There isn't much coverage down here, but it sounds like things are getting heated up there against your PM's mandate on vaccines, etc.  Is it an actual movement with some legs or just some folks tired of Winter?

2022-01-27 6:05 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Extreme Veteran
Subject: RE: Calling marcag...
Originally posted by Left Brain

What's going on up there in the land of snow and ice?  There isn't much coverage down here, but it sounds like things are getting heated up there against your PM's mandate on vaccines, etc.  Is it an actual movement with some legs or just some folks tired of Winter?

I think people are fed up.

Most people believed in the mandates (past tense) but believe they are no longer effective. Believe that or not they were to get people on the fence vaccinated but they won't work with the hard core. Now it's just becoming a PITA to show your passport to go to the hardware store and the unvaccinated won't budge. I think they worked on 10% of the population, time to move on. There is a growing majority that feel this way.

There is a deep resentment of the vaccinated towards the unvaccinated. This can go either way.
The unvaccinated feel they are being segregated. I can see that.
Close to 90% of eligible people are vaccinated.

If the protest is without violence I think they will get further support. If it turns into a Canadian version of Jan 6th it will have the opposite effect and the unvaccinated will be further isolated. BTW a Canadian version of Jan 6th is throwing a snowball at a cop.

Some governments went too far (Quebec). Some got it better (Ontario). Federal blew it with some really stupid mandates.

It's funny because this started off as a trucker thing due to the US border mandates, which Biden put in place as well so we have no control. All the other mandates are provincial so Trudeau has no control. But everyone likes to $hit on Trudeau. He's that kind of guy :-)

Ottawa is NOT a great city for trucks to roll into. It will be a mess.

On one hand we hear the convoy leaders are cooperating and communicating with police. On the other hand some of the root organizers are far right, QANON type nutcakes. It sounds like it started as a nutcake thing, got some legitimate people/causes and now all the other nutcakes want to get in on it.

Edited by marcag 2022-01-27 6:23 AM
2022-02-09 8:41 AM
in reply to: marcag

User image

Pro
Subject: RE: Calling marcag...

That sounds right.  People everywhere are fed up.  It really is time to move on, from my perspective, and live with Covid.....it's not going anywhere.  People need to be free to make their own decisions, and decisions for their children.  I'm 100% pro-vaccine for those who are vulnerable and want it.  I'm also 100% for leaving those that aren't, and don't want it, alone.  It shouldn't be this hard.

New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » Calling marcag... Rss Feed