Other Resources 2023 Beginner Triathlete Mentor Program » Beer Drinkers Appreciation Society (BDAS) 2023 Mentor Group - ALWAYS OPEN Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 100

2024-04-25 9:52 AM
in reply to: jmhpsu93

User image

, Kronobergs lan
Subject: RE: Beer Drinkers Appreciation Society (BDAS) 2023 Mentor Group - ALWAYS OPEN
Originally posted by jmhpsu93

@Nathalie:  OWS sounds cold .  What's your water temp now?  We're still below 60*F around here. 

Very solid race schedule.  I love the weird tri distances. 

60F would be a warm bath compared to what it is now. I don’t think it’s much over 10C (50 corgis, no, hang on, not corgis, that’s a unit of distance. Farenheit).

It’s a tradition, every 1st May, the local swim club have their premiere, whatever the weather, whatever the water temperature. We’re vikings after all (except I am not and neither is the mad leader of the pack, who regularly swims OWS marathons, he’s American)

It won’t be a long swim but with wetsuit, double swim cap, gloves and booties, I’ll survive.

Yes, I love those weird short distances too, they are a lot of fun.

2024-04-25 11:22 AM
in reply to: Rollergirl

User image

Carbondale, Illinois
Subject: RE: Beer Drinkers Appreciation Society (BDAS) 2023 Mentor Group - ALWAYS OPEN
Originally posted by Rollergirl

Originally posted by jmhpsu93

@Nathalie:  OWS sounds cold .  What's your water temp now?  We're still below 60*F around here. 

Very solid race schedule.  I love the weird tri distances. 

60F would be a warm bath compared to what it is now. I don’t think it’s much over 10C (50 corgis, no, hang on, not corgis, that’s a unit of distance. Farenheit).

It’s a tradition, every 1st May, the local swim club have their premiere, whatever the weather, whatever the water temperature. We’re vikings after all (except I am not and neither is the mad leader of the pack, who regularly swims OWS marathons, he’s American)

It won’t be a long swim but with wetsuit, double swim cap, gloves and booties, I’ll survive.

Yes, I love those weird short distances too, they are a lot of fun.

There is absolutely something to be said about adhering to tradition, regardless of whether or not it might kill you. Brava!
2024-04-25 11:32 AM
in reply to: drfoodlove

User image

Carbondale, Illinois
Nat--I'm super jealous you have a tri schedule figured out!! I'm so behind in identifying any races other than MiTi (national championship) and Townsville (world championship)--both of which are in August.

Rest week continues and it is *almost* distracting me from the fact that my marathon was supposed to be this weekend. I mean, the race is still going on, but I'm not doing it. Now I think I should have just dropped down to the HM, but then, I know I can do that and it doesn't sound like that much fun, really. 60' tempo ride this morning with 24' in Z3--watched the team the Bombers are going to play on Friday absolutely obliterate the team that absolutely obliterated the Bombers two weeks ago as my "entertainment." Tomorrow might be a depressing day.

Summer Schedule (so far):
May 4--Ride the Sky, a hilly 53mile ride to support the local humane society
May 27--Trifesta Italiaia sprint (pool swim--350y/15mi/5k--ish, sorta, from memory)
June 22--Tour de Corn, flat af century ride where there will be no corn to be seen until mile 60

July---???
August 11--MiTi 140.6 (National Champioinship)
August 25--Tri the Reef Ultra (some insanely weird distances for an ultra--like a 3/4 IM--World Championship)

September--don't know yet, maybe like this past year with an Oly and maybe a gravel bike and gravel HIM race (same one as last year. For some reason I think my bike handling skills will have improved with absolutely zero additional practice at gravel riding).

I'd like to get in a couple more races in June and early July, including a HIM just for funsies, but the one I like is the same weekend as my Mom's birthday and the other one I've done more locally is usually the last weekend in July, which is a bit close to my 140.6 for comfort. If anyone knows of a HIM in early July somewhere where it might not be STUPID hot and humid that is within driving distance of the butt hole of Illinois, let me know!
2024-04-26 3:19 AM
in reply to: drfoodlove

User image

, Kronobergs lan
Originally posted by drfoodlove

Nat--I'm super jealous you have a tri schedule figured out!!

Your schedule is not too shabby either.Just need to fill in a few dates in July
New Thread
Other Resources 2023 Beginner Triathlete Mentor Program » Beer Drinkers Appreciation Society (BDAS) 2023 Mentor Group - ALWAYS OPEN Rss Feed  

of 100

RELATED POSTS

KloOfyRoLaNd's Coach/Mentor Group for Newbies -- OPEN

Started by kloofyroland
Views: 872 Posts: 8

2023-01-26 2:30 PM kloofyroland