Overcast
Total Time = 38m 17s
Overall Rank = -/-
Age Group = -
Age Group Rank = 0/-
Pre-race routine:

Woke up and had a POP TART as always
Event warmup:

Hung out with the family -Wife Ran, Mom and Mom-in-Law walked together, Son (3yo) and I were going to just do 1 mile but changed mind in the end. No real warmup - just talking
Run
  • 18m 17s
  • 2.1 miles
  • 08m 43s  min/mile
Comments:

I know this was a 5K but I started out with my son wanting to run, so we waited for the runners to take off, then after a few minutes, the course was clear before the runners. So Will, my son, sprinted out of the pack -the entire crowd cheered him on and he waved and ran harder - really a great moment for me. (I "jogged" with him.) My Dad walked along for the first few blocks and left us behind. We ran the first mile in about 20 minutes breaked a little bit and got him situated in his jogger stroller. By the way did I say he was really cute and got an ovation from the crowd as he took off running. Of course he did not run straight thru, he needed his water and gatorade breaks, but i credit him with runing the first 4 or 5 blocks without stopping (This really helped with getting him to sleep for his nap later.) Once he was in we took off, at the 1 mile marker. At the 2 mile marker, he jumped out for a little bit and then back in again. We saw my wife after her run and we stopped so she could see the little fellow and give him fruit snacks. She ran with us a little, then decided to keep him while I ran the little loop. Just before the finish line, I turned back to get him and we crossed the line running together. It was a great moment as are all moments with family at your side.
What would you do differently?:

Nothing, I spent a quality run with my son. Maybe kept better track of my actual time, but who cares, it was fun!
Post race
Warm down:

Eat some food and drink some drink. Light stretching.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

A jogger stroller full of stuff and my son pulling the first leg of our 38:17 relay. But awesome performance for a 3 year old, his birthday was yesterday.

Event comments:

Awesome race for a great cause, Breast Cancer. My mother is a survivor and has done this race for years - walking!

Last updated: 2006-09-24 12:00 AM
Running
00:18:17 | 02.1 miles | 08m 43s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/-
Overall: 0/-
Performance: Good
Course: FLAT- no real challenges Mile 1 20 minutes (Run Walk by Will, my 3yo son) mile 2 8:17 mile 3.1 12 minutes (about 2 minute stop plus my turn around extra distance to retrieve the wife and child)
Keeping cool Average Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 5

{postbutton}
2006-10-01 10:44 PM

User image

Master
piece o heaven
Subject: Susan Komen Race for the Cure
Great Little training for fun and a great cause. It will be a permanent memory becauswe I actually ran and walked with my father and my son, three generations at once!

Edited by TriDDS 2006-10-01 10:45 PM

2006-10-01 10:45 PM
in reply to: #557219

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Susan Komen Race for the Cure Rss Feed