General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » New Hampshire Newbie Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2006-10-11 3:08 PM

Southern New Hampshire
Subject: New Hampshire Newbie
I just wanted to post a quick introduction.

I've been doing triathlons for a few years, but never consistently. My first was a sprint on Cape Cod in the early 90s and my most recent was the Timberman Half in New Hampshire.

Ironically, I started training for triathlon while stationed in San Diego, CA in the mid 80s, but never entered a race until I came east.

I've always done something fitness related, but never seemed to be able to stay focused enough to carry sport specific fitness from year to year. As a result, I always feel that I'm starting over to some degree or another.

That's a bit ridiculous, so this year I'm determined to maintain my tri fitness.

I live in the Monadnock region of New Hampshire and work in MetroWest Massachusetts.

Looking forward to getting to know the folks and forums.

Best,

2006-10-11 3:11 PM
in reply to: #566911

User image

Champion
Wisconsin
Subject: RE: New Hampshire Newbie
Welcome John! I used to live in VT, and spent a ton of time hiking in NH, too. Beautiful area to train (and live) There are lots of New Englanders on this site who  would be fun to meet and play with!
2006-10-11 3:25 PM

User image

Expert
Haddam, CT

Welcome!  If you're looking for a fun group of people to workout with this winter, consider joining the Granite State Triathlon Club (GSTC, online at www.gstriclub.com).  Membership for the 2007 season just opened, and there will be monthly winter training sessions (not posted yet, but you can see what we've been up to all year by clicking on Training Calendar).  We are a statewide club, with members all over (I'm in Manchester/Londonderry).  The club is a good mix of ages and abilities.  Personal message me if you want more details.  Welcome to BT!

jrbarney - 2006-10-11 4:08 PM I just wanted to post a quick introduction. I've been doing triathlons for a few years, but never consistently. My first was a sprint on Cape Cod in the early 90s and my most recent was the Timberman Half in New Hampshire. Ironically, I started training for triathlon while stationed in San Diego, CA in the mid 80s, but never entered a race until I came east. I've always done something fitness related, but never seemed to be able to stay focused enough to carry sport specific fitness from year to year. As a result, I always feel that I'm starting over to some degree or another. That's a bit ridiculous, so this year I'm determined to maintain my tri fitness. I live in the Monadnock region of New Hampshire and work in MetroWest Massachusetts. Looking forward to getting to know the folks and forums. Best,

2006-10-11 3:29 PM

Veteran
Lake Zurich IL
Welcome sir!!
2006-10-11 3:38 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Waterboro, Maine
Welcome from another new englander! I am in Maine.

I wouldn't worry about lack of focus - I usually change sports every few years - it keeps me fresh and motivated. I have been doing tri's for 3 years, I attribute my continued motivation to the joy of 3 sports, and to the BT community.

Make sure you log everything!
2006-10-13 10:56 AM

User image

Pro
Evanston,
Welcome to BT!  You do live & train in a beautiful area up there -- enjoy!

2006-10-18 4:16 PM

User image

Elite
South Florida

Welcome!  My best friend lives in southern NH and I'm from the Metro West.   I live in FL now but would love to be back to NE soon.  Good luck!

2006-10-18 4:57 PM

User image

Master
Morse Lake, Noblesville, Indiana
Greetings from Indiana, though I used to live in your area (I lived in West Swanzey, New Ipswitch, and finally Peterborough). That's a beautiful area of the country.

Want a great bike ride? It's a fantastic training run as well....

Go to Pack Monadnock (Miller Park?), park at the bottom and ride/run to the top. Plan on bringing a cup of coffee and a bag lunch, because it will open a can of woop- on you...

The view from the top is fantastic.

The road is only about 2 miles to the top, but it is grueling (but worth it).

Curious... What city are you in?
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » New Hampshire Newbie Rss Feed