General Discussion Race Reports! » The "Feel Fine" British 10K London Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

The "Feel Fine" British 10K London - Run

View Member's Race Log
London,
United Kingdom
80F / 27C
Sunny
Total Time = 1h 04m 37s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group = open
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

The pre-race routine included a 1.5 km walk to Picadilly where the race started. At least 16k people participated and I think it was the only way to really get it off the ground though the pre-race distance was walked, not run.
Run
  • 1h 04m 37s
  • 10 kms
  • 06m 28s  min/km
Comments:

I definitely need to work on the consistency of my running. Overall I was surprised by my ability though given the amount of preparation of the race - my first 10k ever. Unfortunately the water stations were spaced about 3km apart, too far apart for my taste.
What would you do differently?:

Spend some time preparing next time and making sure I have more liquids while I am running.
Post race
Warm down:

Did just "walk" for about another 3km and did some stretches. Had to ice my knees as they are killing me.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Not enough time spend on preparation (...what preparation?!?)

Event comments:

I think given the city of London's layout the race is pretty good, though I wish there was more pre and post-workout activities offered. I definitely felt that having water stations ever 3km was not good enough!! The should space them a little less. I've seen other races where free massages where offered - nothing the like here from what I've seen. Overall I'd still rate it an ok event to race though.

Last updated: 2004-08-01 12:00 AM
Running
01:04:37 | 10 kms | 06m 28s  min/km
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance:
My heart rate was off the chart the entire race as I didn't really prepare for it properly. I think IF I would have spend the two weeks prior to the race doing some prep work it would have been in the low to mid 80% range - but it was quite a bit more the entire race.
Course: One of the most scenic runs (if you can say that given it was in the city of London) but it passed most major landmarks (House of Parliament, Picadilly, Trafalgar etc).
Keeping cool Bad Drinking Not enough
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 5
Good race? Ok
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes