General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Happy New Year to all!! Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2003-12-27 6:15 PM

New user

Montana
Subject: Happy New Year to all!!
This will be a new and exciting year for me. I am converting from a ultra marathon racer to tri's. I have only done duathlons as a breakup in my ultra training. From 100K runs to half ironman. How will the conversion be???
I start the swimming on Jan. 1. Going out (in) to swim :-) 1 mile on New Years Day Lap swimming that is. Give me some quick points on 1 mile. I have the endurance and aerobic base. What about streamlining my kick and hand stroke?

2003-12-27 9:59 PM
in reply to: #2912

User image

Champion
Gold member
Subject: RE: Happy New Year to all!!

wow!  we have a lot to learn form u on running!  i bet once u get your 1/2im done...u will be doing ultra triathlons...hmmm...???

masters swimming or some coaching will help u a lot.  in swimming, more is not always better.  drills focussing on form and speed while incorporating many different strokes will make u a great swimmer.

hope to hear from u in the future.

2003-12-28 11:03 AM
in reply to: #2912

User image

Central Louisiana
Subject: RE: Happy New Year to all!!
According to my swim coach a lot of people overkick and in fact they should tighten their kick up. I always try to think about swimming in a tube that is the size of my chest. I try to imagine not kicking past the boundries of the tube.

As far as the conversion, I think you will love.

Still Tri'n,
Michael
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Happy New Year to all!! Rss Feed