General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Happy New Year!!!!! Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2003-12-27 8:56 PM

Subject: Happy New Year!!!!!
Hello All,
Happy New Year. I hope everybodys Christmas went awsome.
I am new, about 5 minutes new!! I will say up front that I have no idea (yet) on how to train for a competition. The closest I have come is my 12 yr competitive swimming background. Which was extreamly extensive. Any help, critisism, and ideas that all you veterans can give would be great. Presently I am 31, 5'8, 230. Needless to say I have gained a bit of weight since I swam. I'm not looking at doing any competitions for at least 6 months and I shed some of this weight off. I want to really invest in good nutrition, planning, and working out. I will post more, I just wnted to introduce myself and say hey....

Eli

2003-12-27 9:55 PM
in reply to: #2917

User image

Champion
Gold member
Subject: RE: Happy New Year!!!!!
welcome eli!  check back at the site on january 1st...its gonna rock with a new look, a ton of new plans and articles that will answer most of your questions u probably have.
2003-12-28 11:06 AM

User image

Central Louisiana
Welcome the our little world, and good to have you here!

You will pick up a lot of good tips from folks on the board and don't be afraid to ask questions.

Still Tri'n
Michael
2003-12-29 11:01 AM

User image

Champion
Ottawa, Ontario
Welcome aboard Eli. There are all sorts of plans and diets out there for losing weight but I fear that most of them prey on people's innermost desire to accomplish things quickly and with the least amount of work. As far as good nutrition planning goes, do it slowly and it will be a lot easier. Start by cutting out huge meals and reducing your consumption of "junk" foods. Introduce more vegetables and lean meats into your daily regimen. If you have never jogged, start by walking as much as you can and eventually do fast walk and running. As a competitive swimmer, you must know the advantages of good breathing; it is the same in jogging. There are some fine exercise programs on this site for beginning triathletes. The bike will be your major investment and the wrong bike or the right bike in the wrong size will deter you from that portion of the tri. If you do not have a bike and are unfamiliar with various types and brands, ask as many questions as possible on this site and on the bicycling.com site.
2003-12-29 6:32 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Epworth. Iowa
Hi Eli - Welcome from an "aslo pretty new." I'm down about 50 lbs in nine months and it hasn't been bad. A couple of simple things that helped me without getting into really complicated plans. Namely, "If it's white, or in a can or a box don't eat it - and the more colors you eat the bettter." I filled a 64 oz jug (empty diet splash bottle) with water efery morning and made sure it waws gone by the time I went to bed. Beyond this there are lots of great clues on this site.
2003-12-29 10:11 PM

Thank you all so much, be sure that I will definitaly fwd all my questions to all of you. I do have to say I have never been a part of the whole New Years resolution thing! In fact I have always thought they were cheezy...but like all things the only way I'm going to change is to do something radical. So here goes!! I have a pretty good nutrition plan, (1) No refined sugars,(2) Nothing with bleached flour in it, (3) No breads. Lots of veggies, fruit, protein, water, and no graveys or sauces. There are some other little things in there as well. I followed the plan last year and lost 20 lbs and felt great, I had some personal stuff happen so I failed to stick with it. Anyhoo, I let you all go...thanks in adv for all the tips and support. Have a great week and New Years!!!!

New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Happy New Year!!!!! Rss Feed