General Discussion Race Reports! » Cumberland Plateau Community 5k Fun Run Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Cumberland Plateau Community 5k Fun Run - Run5k

View Member's Race Log
Crossville, Tennessee
United States
CMC Wellness Complex
60F / 16C
Overcast
Total Time = 21m 53s
Overall Rank = 7/123
Age Group = 40-49
Age Group Rank = 1/4
Pre-race routine:

Woke up at 5 am. Ate a piece of whole wheat toast with honey. 7 am drove 3 miles to the race site. 7:30 am took an Espresso Love gel and 8 oz. of water.
Event warmup:

Stood around for 1/2 hour talking to people.
Run
  • 21m 53s
  • 3.1 miles
  • 07m 04s  min/mile
Comments:

Some sadistic person had the last mile of this race going uphill with the last .1 mile finally going downhill. There were 4 high school crosscountry runners ahead of me I tried to keep up with but no luck. The 16 year old winner finished at 19:55. I almost gave in and walked 1 time but toughed it out and I'm glad I did.
What would you do differently?:

Train more hills.
Post race
Warm down:

By the time we got finished the bad weather started. It started raining and within 20 mins. the temp dropped 19 degrees to 40 degrees. Ran to vehicle and put on my sweats.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Hills......2 trips to the Chiropractor days before the race to get my back unfrozen.

Event comments:

Was expecting a line up and run race but it was a timed race with race numbers, grab bag, and after race refreshments. A group from the Knoxville Track Club came over and helped. They are an awesome group.

Last updated: 2006-11-14 12:00 AM
Running
00:21:53 | 03.1 miles | 07m 04s  min/mile
Age Group: 1/4
Overall: 7/123
Performance: Average
1st split at mile 1...6:30 2nd split at mile 2...6:45 3rd split at mile 3.1...8:38
Course: Started at the Cumberland County High School parking lot and ran 4 very hilly city streets to finish at Martin Elementary School parking lot.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 5
Physical exertion [1-5] 5
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 5

{postbutton}
2006-11-14 3:21 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Crossville, TN
Subject: Cumberland Plateau Community 5k Fun Run
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Cumberland Plateau Community 5k Fun Run Rss Feed