View Member's Race Log View other race reports
tulsa, Oklahoma
United States
Total Time = 12m 30s
Overall Rank = 11/83
Age Group = 20-24
Age Group Rank = 2/3
Pre-race routine:

Drove to Tulsa the morning of the race. I was a bit nervous about the weather since I had heard that it was supposed to snow 6" over the course of the day. Thankfully nothing bad happened on the way to the triathlon. Once there I had an hour to get aquainted with the building and how the indoor triathlon worked. Thankfully Danny (BT screename DWW2) helped me out since he had run it earlier.
Event warmup:

Routine strech of hamstrings, quads, calfs, and shoulders.
Swim
  • 09m 50s
  • 500 yards
  • 01m 58s / 100 yards
Comments:

OK. I think one of my laps was counted twice because I KNOW that I can not swim this fast. In my last practice swim before the event I averaged 2:15/100yds. Anyway with all that aside I had a great swim and I really felt like I could have kept going for another couple hundred yards. The people in my heat were also just about the same speed as me so I was able to pace myself off of them. After the race, I was really really excited about getting back to swimming at the gym, to try and become a more effortless swimmer.
What would you do differently?:

I think anything will help since I have only been swimming a couple months. Hopefully this triathlon will keep me motivated to improve endurance and technique.
Transition 1
  • 01m 19s
Comments:

Fine transition. Danny taught me a bit how to do transitions. The most important thing for this race seemed to be to have a towel handy to dry legs and feet to keep feet from getting soggy. Since it was a short race I did not worry about socks.

Real happy with transition but next time I would have tied my shoes a bit tighter. Since I never untie my running shoes they were ready for my feet with socks rather than without. Thus my feet slipped a bit especially on the indoor track.
Bike
  • 26m 40s
  • 10 miles
  • 22.50 mile/hr
Comments:

Real happy with time. I didnt understand how to increase the resistance until after the first minute or two. I think this might have wasted 30seconds. Overall real happy to be able to push a high gear for thirty minutes.

Ride more miles. I have not ridden much in the last couple months so I was a bit concerned that I would not be able to ride at this intensity.
Transition 2
  • 00m
Run
  • 18m 9s
  • 3 miles
  • 06m 03s  min/mile
Comments:

Real tough first lap or two after the bike ride. Really happy at how well I ran it.

Do brick workouts
Post race
Warm down:

Drank lots of water and watched Robyn (triOK) and her husband finish.

Event comments:

Great race with great cause and great volunteers. As this is my first triathlon, my main goal was to finish with a smile and a desire to do more triathlons. So it was a SUCCESS. I am really looking forward to my next scheduled triathlon in April which will be outdoors and not in a controlled setting.

On my drive home to Stillwater I thought about how far I have come in my endurance and athletic ability since I started endurance activities in 2005. Since my last couple races I have been on cloud nine and inside know that anything is possible if I am consistent!!

Last updated: 2006-12-16 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:09:50 | 500 yards | 01m 58s / 100yards
Age Group: 0/3
Overall: 0/83
Performance:
Suit:
Course: POOL
Start type: Plus:
Water temp: 0F / 0C Current:
200M Perf. Remainder:
Breathing: Drafting:
Waves: Navigation:
Rounding:
T1
Time: 01:19
Performance:
Cap removal: Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike:
Jump on bike:
Getting up to speed:
Biking
00:26:40 | 10 miles | 22.50 mile/hr
Performance:
Wind:
Course: Stationary Bike
Road:   Cadence:
Turns: Cornering:
Gear changes: Hills:
Race pace: Drinks:
T2
Time: 00:00
Overall:
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike
Racking bike
Shoe and helmet removal
Running
00:18:09 | 03 miles | 06m 03s  min/mile
Performance:
Course: Indoor track. 1 mile = 14 laps
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5] 5

{postbutton}
2007-01-22 11:10 PM

User image

Veteran
Los Angeles
Subject: Jeff Myers Challenge

2007-01-23 11:52 AM
in reply to: #664265

User image

Expert
Subject: RE: Jeff Myers Challenge
Great job Richard! Looks like you were strong in all three events! Great pace on your run! Congratulations and good luck with your continued training!
2007-01-23 10:46 PM

User image

Master
San Francisco
Hi Richard. looks like you did a great job and your rankings were very high. You're one speedy guy! Now that you got your feet wet, it'll be great to hear how you do on your next one outdoors.
2007-01-23 11:49 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Bay Area- California
Holy cow Richard!  You didn't spend much time training on the bike and you rocked!  And when I saw your running pace, holy cow again!!!  You did great and I'm happy you had such a wonderful experience. 
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Jeff Myers Challenge Rss Feed