General Discussion Triathlon Talk » shipping bike Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2007-02-22 11:58 AM

Subject: shipping bike
Hi
I am new to all of this. I usually do marathons. I have a question regarding how do I get my bike to my race. I live in CT and I am a tri in FL and don't know what is the best way to get my bike there. Do I ship it before hand? Put it on the plane?

Help!!

I would appreciate any help.

Thanks

2007-02-22 1:41 PM
in reply to: #699404

User image

Pro
Melbourne FL
Gold member
Subject: RE: shipping bike

hjodijean - 2007-02-22 12:58 PM Hi I am new to all of this. I usually do marathons. I have a question regarding how do I get my bike to my race. I live in CT and I am a tri in FL and don't know what is the best way to get my bike there. Do I ship it before hand? Put it on the plane? Help!! I would appreciate any help. Thanks

I shipped a bike once from Upstate NY to FL.  Took it to a bike shop and they broke it bown into a spare bike carton box and shipped it UPS for $80.  IIRC, just the bars, front wheel and pedals were removed. I can't help you with the plane deal, never done that.

Are you doing a big event?  Most of the time they have a local sponsor bike shop that you can ship it to and they will reassemble it and make sure everything is ok and ship it back.  If it is not a big event google bike shops in the area and make some calls.

2007-02-22 2:49 PM
in reply to: #699595

Thank you.
2007-02-22 3:11 PM
in reply to: #699404

Austin, Texas
If you want to save a little money too, just go get a bike box from a bike shop. They should give it to you for free because it's just garbage to them. Sometimes they will still have all the pads and stuff in the box. If you want I can give more detailed instructions on how to pack the bike.

I always ship my bikes Fedex Ground. It usually costs around $25-40 depending on where it's going, and it only takes 2-3 days. Usually they have a local shop where you can ship your bike.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » shipping bike Rss Feed