MCCS Hawaii
80F / 27C
Sunny
Total Time = 1h 05m 50s
Overall Rank = 120/269
Age Group = women's open
Age Group Rank = 11/24
Pre-race routine:

I got up at 4:45. Ate an english muffin with some peanut butter, and drank some coffee. Got dressed, and headed over to Pinky’s to meet up with Tizzy.
Event warmup:

We met up with the team at the Papa Johns parking lot. From there we headed over to the race start. It was crazy. Imagine 271 teams (each consisting of 6 people) milling around an open field. Some groups were duct-taping their shoes, some were drinking beer, some were animatedly chatting with each other, while others seemed to just be taking it all in. Most of the teams were wearing similar outfits. Some were actually rather amusing—guys dressed in dresses, guys dressed in business suits, a group dressed in cowboy regalia...it really was quite the scene. We taped up our shoes, took some before pictures, and headed over to the start to watch and cheer for the teams that were starting.
Post race
Warm down:

We finished the race, and headed over to take our group picture. We then waited in line to rinse off some of that mud, and went home.

Event comments:

Thanks to Tizzy for letting me sign up with her group. The race was a lot of fun, and I would definitely like to do it again in the future!

Last updated: 2007-02-28 12:00 AM
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes