General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Hershey/Harrisburg area Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2007-03-15 8:09 PM

Master
Boston
Subject: Hershey/Harrisburg area

I have joined a new forum for my future home!! My fiance, Barry (El Oso on BT) matched into a surgery residency at Penn State Milton Hershey Medical Center. We'll most likely be moving to PA mid-June.

Any other BTers out in that area? Any good biking, triathlon races, etc? Please tell me anything you know about that area.

I'm probably going to need a job, too!

2007-03-15 8:30 PM
in reply to: #724774

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.
2007-03-15 9:26 PM

Macungie
Subject: RE: Hershey/Harrisburg area
While I am now in the Lehigh Valley / Allentwon area, (about 1 hour NE of hershey) I lived in Elizabethtown for 6 years. I t is about 10 miles south of Hershey. My wife was an OT at the Medical Center - great place to work.

My first Tri thsi season is about 1/2 hour away from Hershey - here is the link:
http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/directory/link-detail....

It looks like an easy one to get started.
Another one in the area is :
http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/directory/link-detail....

Anyway, congrats on the move. If you have any questions on the area feel free to ask me - would love to help. We still have lots of friends in the area and go at least once a month.

2007-03-16 10:48 AM

Master
Boston

Thanks- good to know I won't be all alone out there! I'm still in shock somewhat that we are going to be leaving Ft. Lauderdale, but I'm trying to keep a somewhat postitive attitude. Maybe I will wind up working at the medical center...who knows!

I will look into cycling/tri clubs- I've heard the biking is great there.

2007-03-19 5:17 PM

Master
Mechanicsburg, PA
If you end up living in the Hershey area, you'll be just on the other side of Harrisburg from moi. Lots of good trail riding, and places to ride on the road as well. Not the most cycling friendly area motorist-wise, but certainly not suicidal by any means. Mostly impatient motorists, not bike-aggressive. There are plenty of tris, adv races, cycling (road, mtb and 'cross) and running races as well (5k's to "fool" marathons). For as much as the area has been "sprawling" over the past three decades that I've lived here, there is still plenty of nature to be had. Not sure what kind of job you would be looking for, but let me know and I'll see if I can help.

-Frank
2007-03-20 7:37 AM

New user
I'm in Carlisle.

Yellow Breeches Racing (YBR) is the local club. www.yellowbreechesracing.org

World Cup Ski & Cycle is the local shop - it's in Camp Hill. www.worldcupskiandcycle.com

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Hershey/Harrisburg area Rss Feed