General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Bike Trailers: Burley or Chariot? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2007-03-21 11:18 PM

User image

Veteran
Hudson, OH
Subject: Bike Trailers: Burley or Chariot?
I can't decide if we should get a Burley Bike Trailer or a Chariot.

I love that they both convert to a jogger (already have a BOB, but when baby #2 comes along, will need this to push both of them).

Does the Burley convert easily? Or is a Chariot easier? Do they both have windows to view the kid while you jog (a la BOB)?

Our buddy owns a bike shop and he carries Burleys, so we can get a good deal, but don't know if we would like a Chariot better?

Thoughts? What do you guys use?

2007-03-23 6:03 PM
in reply to: #732641

Subject: RE: Bike Trailers: Burley or Chariot?
I have had a Chariot Cougar2 for about 2 years. It is in my opinion much nicer than the Burley. When I was first shopping for a trailer/jogger I had planned on getting the Burley but when I was able to compare it side by side with the Chariot I was surprised at how much nicer the Chariot seemed.

That being said you will find a lot more people have used a Burley and just about all of them have good things to say about them.
2007-03-27 9:04 AM

User image

Expert
Fort Worth, Texas
We love our Burley, but don't use it for jogging, only biking. We have a baby jogger to push the kids while jogging. I am not familiar with the "Chariot", so I can't really compare. I do think that the Burley we have would be pretty cumbersome to jog with.
2007-03-27 11:40 AM

User image

Veteran
Hudson, OH
Thanks everyone. I am going to check out a Chariot today.. I am hoping that whichever one I choose, it will be great to bike and jog with. I think I would go with a Burley if I ONLY bike, but I was hoping to not have to get a 2 seater jogger (whenever kid #2 comes). I have a BOB jogger now and love it, but didn't want to have to get another one - if I could use the Bike Trailer for both.
2007-03-27 12:07 PM

User image

Expert
I have a chariot, use it for biking and jogging. Very nice, well built and nice shock system.
2007-03-27 8:46 PM

User image

Veteran
Hudson, OH
I went and saw the Chariot Cougar 2 today.. and I was very impressed. We are going to get it, mostly b/c it can be a fabulous jogger as well. And it is a little longer inside, too. I talked to our firend that owns the bike shop that only carries Burleys and he said that the Chariots are better joggers but that Burley has supposedly made some improvements for 2007 (although he doesn't have that model yet.

Its pretty expensive.. $500. I am going to look around a little and see if I can find something better.. We will see. But I am VERY excited that we have decided!

Thanks again for all your help!

2007-04-05 12:00 AM

User image

Veteran
Hudson, OH
I haven't bought it yet because I got concerned about the running part. Mainly, if I get a BOB Dualie.. the seats are separate, if i get the chariot, they are together.

I have a 10 mo old and we are going to start trying for kid # 2 soon.. So I am worried about kid #1 keeping kid #2 awake during runs.. Kid #1 loved to sleep in the jogger, and I am hoping kid #2 does too - without kid #1 wanting to keep him/her up.

For those with two kids.. how important is it that the kids have their separate areas - a la BOB Dualie?
2007-04-06 9:50 AM

User image

New user

Ionia, Michigan
I know it not burley or chariot but i have a trek transit both trailering and running work great, consumers report top pick
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Bike Trailers: Burley or Chariot? Rss Feed