United States
64F / 18C
Sunny
Total Time = 27m 39s
Overall Rank = 25/776
Age Group = 35-39
Age Group Rank = 1/39
Pre-race routine:

Parked at the college took the shuttle to the race about a mile away....when I arrived at about 7am I went and picked up my race number then walked around a little bit and checked out some of the 4 person teams and there names and costumes......pretty funny stuff...
Event warmup:

I did a little stretching then took about a mile jog about 15 mins before the race was set to go off to make sure I had a good little sweat going....felt good and was ready to go...
Run
  • 27m 39s
  • 3.1 miles
  • 08m 55s  min/mile
Comments:

I had a great run and a fun time...
What would you do differently?:

Stay for the results and awards...
Post race
Warm down:

took a little shower and watched some of the people cross the finish line

What limited your ability to perform faster:

nothing had a wonderful race...

Event comments:

great race put it on your calendar.....very fun..

Last updated: 2007-03-12 12:00 AM
Running
00:27:39 | 03.1 miles | 08m 55s  min/mile
Age Group: 1/39
Overall: 25/776
Performance: Good
The race starts out with a dash through a parking lot while you are getting sprayed by one of those big water trucks.......you then hit a series of hay bail hurdles from one bail to 4 bails high...after the hay hurdles we go through about a 10 foot long pipe when you get out of the pipe straight down a short hill into a 2 foot deep mud pit.....you then go for a little trail run before reaching a series of muddy hills the 1st about 6 feet the next eight and finishing up with about a 12 foot hill all wich have about a 2 foot deep mud pit at the top...... You then take off through a mud pit about 20 feet long and 3 feet deep that you must go under five different large pvc pipes. I got a whole bunch of muddy water in my nose and mouth....YUCK...after the pit you take off for another trail run where you reach the beast.....a hill about 1200 yards straight up hill with boulders and very unstable I took a slight fall on the hill have some great cuts on my knees to show for it..... The hill was a monster did not see one person run the whole thing most people walked at least half of the hill..... when I reached the top one of the volunteers said you are doing great and it's all down hill from here......thank God she was right I started to really pick up my pace and past 12 people the last half a mile I then broke into to a full sprint when I reached the park where the finish line was...... I scaled the four foot wall and headed to the last to mud pits....the last mud pit we had to go under 5 or 6 ropes with flags about 2ft from the water...I got past by this 24 year old Marine right at the end he went through the obstacle like it was'nt even there....but I did'nt mind when I looked at his leg and noticed his age.... I looked at my time and figured I might be in the top 5 or 6 in my age group.... I then hosed off a little bit and left before the results were posted because I had to go was on a time restraint.....wish I would have stayed since after my triathlon on Sunday I went online to see the results of Saturdays mud run and I realized not only did I have a great race but I actually won my age group and did'nt even stay to get my harware ( trophy ) Oh well hopefully they will mail it to me....
Course: The course was tough but the event was so much fun cant wait to do it again next year....
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? No
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 5

{postbutton}
2007-03-26 11:59 AM

User image

Veteran
Carlsbad, CA
Subject: Mud Run

2007-03-26 1:31 PM
in reply to: #737085

User image

Veteran
Carlsbad, CA
Subject: RE: Mud Run
2007-03-27 8:11 PM
in reply to: #737279

User image

Veteran
Carlsbad, CA
Subject: RE: Mud Run

The race director sent me an e-mail to let me know that they are mailing me my 1st place trophy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   : )

General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Mud Run Rss Feed