Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Bike
  • 3h 00m
  • 50 miles
  • 16.67 mile/hr
Comments:

Ok - I know this is not an actual 'race' but a 3 hour ride at this intensity was as challenging (mentally and physically) as any sprint or oly distance triathlon I've ever done. I even trained up for it similarly than I would for a B or C level race. So indulge me as I log this with my other 'real' races :-)

This was an indoor cycling event, perfectly timed right before the weather broke and it became warm enough to ride outdoors on a regular basis. The event consisted of a 3-hour 'virtual' race designed around the Paris Roublaix (nicknamed 'Hell of the North'), one of the most challenging bike races in the world. The ride took place indoors in front of a giant screen with the 3 hour DVD of the 2006 race running. The spin instructors at the local athletic club did a great job of matching the workout intervals and intensity to the actual race. When the race was in a climbing segment, we climbed. When it was on cobblestones, we upped the tension to simulate the same. At the end of the race it was all out to the finish. Tons of fun and a 3 hour indoor session flew by. They even provided Power Bars, water, and lunch.

Best of all, this was a fund raiser for Bike and Build, an organization that sponsors young cyclists who ride across the country (from Maine to Vancouver), stopping along the way to build houses for people in need.
Post race
Warm down:

Lots of stretching and a good lunch.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

The bike stayed in the same place the whole time!

Last updated: 2007-03-28 12:00 AM
Biking
03:00:00 | 50 miles | 16.67 mile/hr
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Good
Note that the 50 mile distance is an approximation based on riding for 3 hours somewhere between 16-20 mph.
Wind:
Course: Indoor spinning in front of a giant projection screen.
Road:   Cadence:
Turns: Cornering:
Gear changes: Hills:
Race pace: Drinks:
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge