General Discussion Race Reports! » Equestrian-Connection Trail Marathon Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Equestrian-Connection Trail Marathon - RunMarathon

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Libertyville, Illinois
United States
Equestrian-Connection
68F / 20C
Sunny
Total Time = 6h 21m 23s
Overall Rank = 68/68
Age Group = Male 30 to 34
Age Group Rank = 3/3
Pre-race routine:

I got my water bottles field, talk to my friends and have some coffee.
Event warmup:

none
Run
  • 6h 21m 23s
  • 26.2 miles
  • 14m 34s  min/mile
Comments:

I did not drink much of my coffee before the race so I decided drink it on the course. People laughed as I drank it for the first 4 miles.

This year I was starting slower and I almost got trampped by the half marathoners. Instead I trampled them. I never hurt the leaders but I did ruin the days of few lesser a/gers. ok I took about 3 secs off there times but really problem came with people with headphones on.

I was completely alone for most of the race and only got passed by a few half marathon runners before there turn around and of course I saw all the marathons on the way back. At mile 15 I ran into DSFL and she was at 16. She was way over dressed and I was hoping that would slow her down since the heat was slowing me down. I got around 5 - 6 minutes behind DFSL but my HR would not go down and was becoming a real problem
Post race
Warm down:

Had 3 hot dogs and bowl of chicken noodle soup. Burgers were gone.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

My blister and lack of running really hurt. I think I started out slow enough. I was on a 2nd best pace for a long time but I could not keep it up. too much pain with the blister.

Event comments:

Well race was fun. I had good food. My second year in doing this race. I will do it again next year.

Last updated: 2007-04-29 12:00 AM
Running
06:21:23 | 26.2 miles | 14m 34s  min/mile
Age Group: 3/3
Overall: 68/68
Performance:
I keep my heart rate around 150 for most of the race and about 164 at the most.
Course: Most of it is on crush lime stone on an out and back course. The road under passes had water on it. After the first bridge was the worse. it was about 6 inches deep and about 100 feet long. needed wetsuit for the race. Water was really cold also. There was about 6 water stops which you see 4 of them twice so basicly 10 water stops.
Keeping cool Below average Drinking Not enough
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? No
Lots of volunteers? No
Plenty of drinks? No
Post race activities: Average
Race evaluation [1-5] 3

{postbutton}
2007-04-29 8:56 PM

User image

Champion
Chicago, Illinois
Subject: Equestrian-Connection Trail Marathon
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Equestrian-Connection Trail Marathon Rss Feed