General Discussion Race Reports! » MS Bright House Networks Bike Tour Day 2 Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

MS Bright House Networks Bike Tour Day 2 - CycleTour

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Orlando - Winter Haven, Florida
United States
National Multiple Sclerosis Society
Total Time = 00m
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

I had been dreading Sunday - knowing that I was probably prepared for a single day of riding, but that two days in a row was a real stretch. I woke feeling pretty darn good, and excited! My sister picked me up and took my back to the starting area where we met Dean, Jeff and Dawn.
Event warmup:

We got our gear together quietly and slowly headed back on the road. We knew the route, and we were looking forward to Sonny’s barbecue party at the end!
Bike
  • 00m
  • 80 miles
  • 0.00 mile/hr
Comments:

Perhaps the best reward was seeing all the supporters, many of them folks with MS or their families. It really hit my heart that we were helping these folks, not just getting a nice bike tour. I was so proud that I had decided to push myself and try for more donations - beyond the $250 minimum I needed to ride.
Post race
Warm down:

EAT EAT EAT yummy barbecue. Ten minute massage. Pack up and drive home to Orlando. Take a shower and a nap!

Event comments:

Going to have a big team do this next year, wanna come???

Profile Album

Last updated: 2007-04-23 12:00 AM
Biking
00:00:00 | 80 miles | 0.00 mile/hr
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Good
Wind:
Course: It seemed that there weren’t as many folks on the 80 mile route the second day. Dean and Jeff set a faster pace early on, and Dawn and I stuck together a few minutes behind them. A lot of folks did the 100 miler the day before, leaving a shorter 50 mile route for Sunday. That seemed a WHOLE lot smarter on Sunday morning, and probably how I’d do the ride again next year. But we settled in and once again enjoyed incredible rest stops, wonderful volunteers, and even nice cars. We enjoyed seeing parts of Florida that most folks pass by on their rapid trip between the coast and the Mouse. We even found almost all the hills in Florida, one at a time they were conquered and the downhills enjoyed with a WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! Almost before we knew it, we hit the last rest stop. The team met up there, but Jeff and Dean took off a little bit ahead of us. It was every man for himself by this point, as we looked deep inside for the strength to pull of a good finish, and as we slowed a bit to savor the last few miles. I was a little bit ahead of Dawn as I crossed a railroad track, and right behind me the gates went down. Jeff road back to wait with Dawn so they could finish together, and I followed Dean in to the finish line. A great group of volunteers thanked and congratulated us, and handed out a medal and pointed us to the barbecue. Ahhhhhh, the rewards of a long day’s ride!
Road:   Cadence:
Turns: Cornering:
Gear changes: Hills:
Race pace: Drinks:
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2007-05-14 6:49 AM

User image

Expert
Orlando, FL
Subject: MS Bright House Networks Bike Tour Day 2

2007-05-16 8:52 PM
in reply to: #799222

User image

Expert
Herndon VA
Subject: RE: MS Bright House Networks Bike Tour Day 2

Hey Ann,

Congrats on finishing up the second day.  That was a lot of mileage for two days.  That's cool looking gear from your sponsor and you looking really happy in the picture.

Ernie

General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » MS Bright House Networks Bike Tour Day 2 Rss Feed