United States
INGPR Racing Inc.
Overcast
Total Time = 4h 36m 7s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group = 30-34
Age Group Rank = 151/268
Pre-race routine:

Tried to stay dry. It was downpouring. Stretched, had a Clif bar and drank some water.
Event warmup:

Pretty much hung out under a parking garage for about a half hour before the race hoping the rain would let up prior to the start.
Run
  • 4h 36m 7s
  • 26.2 miles
  • 10m 32s  min/mile
Comments:

The rain let up after about the first mile or two and it was absolutely beautiful seeing the sun coming up. We were all soaking wet by the the time we started and I don't think I had the best socks on and my shoes were pretty new. I could feel a blister starting on my left heel about 6 miles in. It got nothing but worse. By mile 13 it was getting bad and I had to stop and get it taped up. I had to have it taped again 2 more times which took a LOT of time and really messed up my finishing time. Other than the blister I felt pretty good for about the first 17 miles. Then at mile 19 I sort of went into a trance and my body was just done. The last few miles are kind of a blur. I just kept putting one foot in front of the other. My girlfriend "who has done 2 prior marathons" was great. She stayed by my side the whole time. She could have gone ahead but stayed with me to make sure I finished in one piece. What a gal.
What would you do differently?:

Not run in semi-new shoes and wear socks without an ounce of cotten in them.
Post race
Warm down:

Passed out in the grass. Had to walk barefoot back to the car as my blister was out of control.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Blister.

Event comments:

GREAT race and extremely well organized. I love the course. I would definetly do this race again.

Last updated: 2006-11-06 12:00 AM
Running
04:36:07 | 26.2 miles | 10m 32s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/268
Overall: 0/
Performance: Average
Course: The course is great. Really flat. Only a few inclines going over bridges.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes