Total Time = 1h 30m 4s
Overall Rank = 64/2606
Age Group = 25-29
Age Group Rank = 13/178
Pre-race routine:

Water, Powerbar, Stretching, Bathroom.
Event warmup:

Not as much as I needed :)
I think I ran maybe a mile and did some stetching. Since this was a just for fun race I wasn't too serious about warming up...that's what the first three or four miles of the race are for!
Run
  • 1h 30m
  • 13.1 miles
  • 06m 52s  min/mile
Comments:

Cleveland does not have water at every mile...so that was a little rough. Due to the heat and humidity I was drinking powerade (where's the gatorade endurance?) and then dumping water on my head and chest to bleed off some heat. HR was screamin' the whole race...Averaged 186, but in miles 7 - 13.1 everytime I looked down I saw 189-193...wow. And I burned 1844 calories on the run.
What would you do differently?:

Run it competitively after training. Coming off boston and the out of state work, the longest run I've had in 30 days was 6 miles on a treadmill. At my peak, I think I would have been very competitive in this race...not saying I would have placed, but definitely could have been up in the front.
Post race
Warm down:

Powerade, Water, some food, and walking. I didn't do a cool down run, but feel that I walked enough to keep my legs loose. Stretching and some stick work later tonight.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Training and Not enough to drink.

Event comments:

Post race breakfast at my house was awesome!!! Pancakes, Omellettes, toast, canadian bacon, and orange juice...1844 calories back in (I would guess :) )

Last updated: 2006-10-17 12:00 AM
Running
01:30:00 | 13.1 miles | 06m 52s  min/mile
Age Group: 13/178
Overall: 64/2606
Performance: Good
Laps: Mile 1 & 2: 13:28, 6:45, 6:30, 7:00, 6:47, 6:48, 6:45, 7:11, 7:10, 7:17, 7:02, 7:15 (1.1 mile). So my HRM said that this was 13.3, so with some street crossings and weaving through the beginning of the race, I believe it.
Course: Cleveland Marathon = Notoriously bad weather. This year was not bad...60 degrees overcast, and it only had two brief showers. The roads were wet from the overnight rain (as usual). This was my first year running a distance other than the 10k, so new scenery for me. The cleveland course is rolling with several long grades. It would definitely be a challengin marathon (or 1/2 for that matter), and should not be described as flat.
Keeping cool Below average Drinking Not enough
Post race
Weight change: %0
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 2
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes