Canadian Triathlon Forum British Columbia » Penticton Peach Classic Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply
2007-06-09 12:44 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Victoria
Subject: Penticton Peach Classic
Hey everyone!

Just wondering who will be participating in this lovely event! I havent done this specific tri before, as this is my first season of triathlons, and I was just looking for some people who can let me know what they thought of the course/volunteers/atmosphere etc.!!
I'm super excited for this race and really can't wait to hear some people's experiences!!!

Thanks everyone!
Derek

2007-06-09 2:33 PM
in reply to: #837172

User image

Subject: RE: Penticton Peach Classic

This is one of the races on my list to do some day, as I have heard a lot of good things about it.  However, it falls on the same day as a local race here in Victoria, so until they change the date....   

That said, I lived in Penticton for two years and did a lot of riding in the area, so I can offer a little advice.  

The ride out to Naramata (and beyond) is absolutely GORGEOUS.. but it definitely has its challenges.  Lakeshore Dr. to Munson Mountain is almost all uphill.  Then, the course is pretty much all rollers, with lots of twisty corners.  If I remember correctly, there are a few decent hills around Naramata as well, but I could be wrong.  Definitely work on hills in your training!!

As for the run, the course description is pretty accurate: flat through town, then hilly/undulating after you go over the channel.  The West Bench is very hilly, but again.. VERY scenic.

Enjoy the race!  I look forward to hearing about it.

New Thread
Canadian Triathlon Forum British Columbia » Penticton Peach Classic Rss Feed