General Discussion Race Reports! » Sedalia Spring into Summer Duathlon (Long Course) Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Sedalia Spring into Summer Duathlon (Long Course) - Duathlon

View Member's Race Log
Sedalia, Missouri
United States
Sedalia Racing Club (SRC)
Sunny
Total Time = 1h 05m 58s
Overall Rank = 11/45
Age Group = 20-29
Age Group Rank = 2/8
Pre-race routine:

ate 2 waffles and drank a glass of water. Grabbed my bags and left. I had about a 1:15 drive to get to the event
Event warmup:

I got on my bike and rode a little ways down the road. I just wanted to see how the road surface was. It started of sort of washboard like, but smooth out later. I road back and ran up and down transition area a few times. I stretched and ate half a granola bar.
Run
  • 14m 2s
  • 2 miles
  • 07m 01s  min/mile
Comments:

I thought it when well for me. I was at my goal of 7 minute miles. I felt very comfortable the whole way. I found a couple of people to pace off of and I just sat back and ran
What would you do differently?:

Nothing. It went well
Transition 1
  • 00m
Comments:

The transition area was a bit wierd. The bike racks were on either side of a parking lot and then there was open space in the middle. You were to go to the middle then mount your bike and go. I went pretty fast I think but there is no official time for it as there were doing the timing by hand. I know that I beat both of the people that I paced with out of transition

I need to work more on jumping on the bike with the shoes attached. I didnt attempt here because I havent work on it enough. I will try to get that down before the next tri/du
Bike
  • 36m 8s
  • 12.3 miles
  • 20.42 mile/hr
Comments:

I must not have taken long in transition 1 because I ended the run at 14:02 and the bike at 50:32. That means my bike leg (including T1) was 36:30 with an Avg of 20.2 mph and thats thats only .1 mph away from what my cyclocomputer said. I felt pretty good on the bike. I past alot of people and there was only one person who passed me and that was in the last hill coming back into transition (i had already passed him previously and I was conserving for the run)

nothing really
Transition 2
  • 00m
Comments:

Went pretty well. I did stop for a second to get some water but it was really quick

nothing
Run
  • 15m 48s
  • 2 miles
  • 07m 54s  min/mile
Comments:

Wemt ok. I am not very fast coming off the bike. This is better than i have done previously, but i still need improvement. Got a bit thirsty about halfway through, but there were no aid stations so i kept on going

work on more bike/run bricks. Keep running lots
Post race
Warm down:

walked around, stretched and waited for awards

What limited your ability to perform faster:

just need to train more. I am on schedule for my A race Triathlon in 4 weeks. This was just a B race

Event comments:

Nothing spectacular, just a little race. There was severe lack of bathroom facilities and aid stations, but other than that it was ok. I will probably do this race again.

Last updated: 2007-06-08 12:00 AM
Running
00:14:02 | 02 miles | 07m 01s  min/mile
Age Group: 4/8
Overall: 18/45
Performance: Good
Course: I was out a park and onto a county road for about a mile. Then onto the hardpacked,gravel Katy Trail. At 1.6 miles you turned back into the park and ran on a grass path and then an asphalt driveway to back to the transition area
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
T1
Time: 00:00
Overall: Average
Run with bike?
Jump on bike? Below average
Getting up to speed and into shoes:
Biking
00:36:08 | 12.3 miles | 20.42 mile/hr
Age Group: 1/8
Overall: 7/45
Performance: Good
Wind: Little
Course: washboard road to start, then smooth state highways, then a county highway A few little climbs but nothing to bad
Road: Rough Dry Cadence:
Turns: Average Cornering: Average
Gear changes: Good Hills: Good
Race pace: Hard Drinks: Just right
T2
Time: 00:00
Overall: Good
Riding w/ feet on shoes Average
Jumping off bike Average
Running with bike
Racking bike Good
Shoe and helmet removal Average
Running
00:15:48 | 02 miles | 07m 54s  min/mile
Age Group: 4/8
Overall: 16/45
Performance: Below average
Course: same as before only reversed. There were more hills and gradual uphill grades this time around
Keeping cool Average Drinking Not enough
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? No
Plenty of drinks? No
Post race activities: Below average
Race evaluation [1-5] 2

{postbutton}
2007-06-11 7:27 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Columbia, MO
Subject: Sedalia Spring into Summer Duathlon (Long Course)
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Sedalia Spring into Summer Duathlon (Long Course) Rss Feed