Canadian Triathlon Forum British Columbia » Anyone volunteered at IM Canada? Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply
2007-06-18 12:14 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Subject: Anyone volunteered at IM Canada?
Just wondering what the committment level is like? My sister lives in Penticton so I'm hoping to get some time off this summer to go see her and the race. We're talking about volunteering, too, but I was just wondering how much is involved? (Ie - how much time off work would I need? Is there an orientation prior?) Or if anyone has volunteered at any race - is it more fun to volunteer or just to watch? Thanks for any thoughts!

Megz

2007-06-18 3:48 PM
in reply to: #848040

User image

Pro
Vancouver, BC
Subject: RE: Anyone volunteered at IM Canada?

I Megz,

I volunteered in 2003 or 2004, the year a few of my friends did it and I went up specifically to watch them. Most people did live in the area, but I informed them that I didn't, and all I had to do was go and pick up my volunteer package and my assignment a couple of days before the race when I arrived in Penticton. It didn't require me to take any time off of work.

I volunteered as a marshal on the run course, so I stopped a lot of traffic from using main street. I've been a road marshal before, so I didn't really need any training.

I think if you did, they could just show you the day of. The shifts were fairly short, maybe 3 or 4 hours, so you still have lots of time to check out the race.

Have fun.

Jen

New Thread
Canadian Triathlon Forum British Columbia » Anyone volunteered at IM Canada? Rss Feed