Tribalistic Triathlon Team
28C / 82F
Overcast
Total Time = 1h 31m 57s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 10/14
Pre-race routine:

Woke up early had 3 mini bagals with milk. Drove out to St.Malo sipped on gatorade the whole way and munched on a power bar. I tried fueling a little differently this go around. Did not eat my regular brekkie (cereal, toast + PB) skipped coffee this am as well. Had all my gear packed and ready the night before.
Event warmup:

The bad thing about the du's...it seems...is that you have to register early then stand around for 1 - 2 hours with nothing to do. I found a nice bench by the beach (away from the mossies) it had a beautiful breeze. I watched the start of the Oly. Tri. I did not jog around first as I did in the last sprint. I figured it is hot and humid...save it for the course!!
Run
  • 15m 45s
  • 2.5 kms
  • 06m 18s  min/km
Comments:

not my best 2.5 k ever but...it is what it is!
What would you do differently?:

I think I would try to jog a little before just to get the blood flowing and the HR up a little. I would also cut off my liquid intake a little sooner than I did, I was obviously "over-hydrated". It was tough to do though because it was sooooo humid I figured I should keep drinking as much as I could.
Transition 1
  • 00m
Comments:

it seemed like i was in the transition area for a really long time, it was a long run around and into the shute then a long way to the mount/dismount area. runners came off OK, airwalks went on OK (I need to get better shoes to ride in...my spd airwalks are getting old!)

nothing just keep moving as fast as I can.
Bike
  • 45m 32s
  • 20 kms
  • 26.35 km/hr
Comments:

I drank about 1 liter of gatorade on the bike, I also stuck to my plan of one gel as soon as I started out then one after about 1/2 hour. felt good. tried to stay in aero position as much as possible. (gut is still in the way!) after turn around I flew!! I could have pushed harder...but given how sluggish my first leg of the run felt I figured 80% effort was all I could afford!

Put the hammer down on the bike then hope for the best on the last run!! Ha Ha Ha...I think just try to keep my cadence smoother. My shifting was a thing of beauty! I was very happy with that.
Transition 2
  • 00m
Comments:

transitioned well. decided not to wear my sunglasses on the 2nd run.

nothing, just keep moving. I am able to jog thru my transitions now. at the start of the season I COULDN'T!
Run
  • 30m 40s
  • 5 kms
  • 06m 08s  min/km
Comments:

my goal was to run non stop, but I to a 20 second brisk walk thru 3 of the 5 water stations. I am glad I took the little breathers as I was able to finish very stong with a good sprint (for me anyways!)to the finish

remember to put on body glide before the event, especially when it is humid and hot! Oy...my nipples are little rubys right now!!!!
Post race
Warm down:

Walking and stretching

What limited your ability to perform faster:

a proper warm up jog and too much pre-event liquid.

Event comments:

had fun I will be back next year, but won't have to worry about a slow first run 'cause I'll be swimming!

Last updated: 2007-05-26 12:00 AM
Running
00:15:45 | 02.5 kms | 06m 18s  min/km
Age Group: 0/14
Overall: 0/
Performance: Below average
had a really slow openning run...my stop for "nature" took an eternity! I just felt sluggish and slow
Course: seemed uphill out then a little downhill back...or maybe I was delerious!
Keeping cool Average Drinking Just right
T1
Time: 00:00
Overall: Average
Run with bike? Good
Jump on bike? Average
Getting up to speed and into shoes: Good
Biking
00:45:32 | 20 kms | 26.35 km/hr
Performance: Good
Was hoping to average 30km/h...the out portion was uphill into a breeze, not biggie cause comming home will be a snap! I
Wind: Headwind
Course: uphill out, downhill back. (gental rollers, not killers!)
Road: Smooth Dry Cadence:
Turns: Good Cornering: Good
Gear changes: Good Hills: Average
Race pace: Comfortable Drinks: Just right
T2
Time: 00:00
Overall: Good
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike Good
Racking bike Good
Shoe and helmet removal Good
Running
00:30:40 | 05 kms | 06m 08s  min/km
Performance: Good
THAT'S MORE LIKE IT!!! must have dropped the piano in T2. this was a better run.
Course: same as leg one just a little further!
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 5
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2007-06-24 7:03 PM

User image

Veteran
Subject: St.Malo Multisport Weekend

2007-06-24 7:33 PM
in reply to: #857805

User image

Pro
Evanston,
Subject: RE: St.Malo Multisport Weekend

Great job - it's cool to read about your improvements over the season so far.  Way to go!

2007-06-24 7:50 PM

excellent race .....and i see you came in 10th,,,,,that is very very cool.....hope you had a blast!! oh and name your bike would ya?
2007-06-25 2:14 PM

User image

Veteran
Great work my friend,

Good to see that you can run in transition where at the beginning you couldn't. I think I saw you on the run, were you wearing a green shirt?

Keep up the great work,

c.
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » St.Malo Multisport Weekend Rss Feed