Bellin College of Nursing
65F / 18C
Sunny
Total Time = 1h 05m 32s
Overall Rank = 4933/11024
Age Group = F 19-24
Age Group Rank = 228/348
Pre-race routine:

Got up early, had a bagel and some peanut butter and some water. Took a little time to get my stuff ready and started thinking about how I was feeling...which at the time I was pretty unsure.
Event warmup:

Walked from the spot we parked to the start area...I hadn't run in a few weeks so what was the point of a warm-up? :)
Run
  • 1h 05m 32s
  • 6.21 miles
  • 10m 33s  min/mile
Comments:

Early the week before the race, Dad hurt his back and with me not training, neither of us were sure we would be able to sucessfully race. We decided to do a light run for the first mile and then decide if we were going to keep running or walk the rest of the race. After feeling sore and twingy for the first mile, Dad and I decided to run it together and walk through water stops. He kept me running and I tried to keep him going. It was actually really nice to have him by my side the whole time. We were able to talk and just relax. We crossed the finishline side by side and honestly I don't think I would have been able to run it if it wasn't for Dad! Even though it was not my best race at all, it was really special because I was with my dad!
What would you do differently?:

Duh...train :( I have been a major slacker and I paid for it...I could have easily done really well but I chose not to train and didn't do well. But I still did break my record from last year.
Post race
Warm down:

Walked around and got a frozen fruit bar thing...actually had two. Cooled down a bit and then left to go home when Dad and I were ready!

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Training....i need to train train train train :( Bad, bad, bad me :(

Event comments:

I want to thank my dad for his help and support this race. We came home to banner from Mom which was wonderful. I am glad I beat last years time but I know I can do better. This race went drastically downhill from last year because there are just too many people and I think it really hurts the small town feel of the race. I am honestly not that excited about doing it in the future if it is going to be like this. :(

Last updated: 2007-01-13 12:00 AM
Running
01:05:32 | 06.21 miles | 10m 33s  min/mile
Age Group: 228/348
Overall: 4933/11024
Performance: Average
to be added when I load my garmin
Course: It was the same as last year...a loop around downtown Green Bay. There is a steady incline for the first mile or so and then a good downhill right after that...the back half is flat and has very few trees so it was sunny.
Keeping cool Average Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Ok
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes