General Discussion Race Reports! » Subaru US Women's Triathlon Series - Naperville Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Subaru US Women's Triathlon Series - Naperville - TriathlonSprint

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Naperville, Illinois
United States
US Women's Triathlon Series
65F / 18C
Overcast
Total Time = 1h 43m 48s
Overall Rank = 996/2300?
Age Group = 30-34
Age Group Rank = 142/263
Pre-race routine:

Got up at 4:25, had coffee and a small piece of the Cliff Bar... checked to make sure everything was packed in my tri backpack and Nikita's diaper bag, then Damon and I woke him up and got him dressed and left.
Event warmup:

None.....stood in a huge line to pee LOL Then met up with a few BT girls for a pic....then everybody went off, so didn't really get to visit with anybody too much, but that's a start! Lisa and I were in the same wave, so we did hung out for over an hour, which was nice... Also, Pappadj-Dave-came out to say hi, so it was super nice to have met him.
Swim
  • 15m 16s
  • 750 meters
  • 02m 02s / 100 meters
Comments:

I have not swum in several months, and really wished I had done a few laps in the water before the race....oh well :) This whole race was sort of a warm up. I was pretty nervous before starting, I had this thought racing through my mind-"Uhmmm can i just change my mind and go home?" :) I told myself I would push myself, but will concentrate mostly on enjoying the experience.
I had gotten completely comfortable with my running races, not nervous before the start anymore....not quite there with the triathlons yet.
What would you do differently?:

Train train train
Transition 1
  • 05m 19s
Comments:

Horrible transition time. I was ready, but not entirely...stuff wasn't in the right spot, bottle wasn't opened to take a sip of gatorade, pulling a calf sleeve on a wet leg doesn't work too well LOL ...

Really need to practice all the steps of the transition and getting on the bike faster. I lost time there. Of course, this is my first tri since last July, so I expected some mistakes and being rusty.
Bike
  • 47m 40s
  • 13.8 miles
  • 17.37 mile/hr
Comments:

Good bike leg.. felt stronger than I have before, in the past triathlons...overall, I was pretty pleased with my performance, though I know I could have pushed myself more. Re-learning the dynamics of the sport, so to speak..... Next time will be great!

Train more :)
Transition 2
  • 04m 24s
Comments:

Well, transition number 2 didn't go too well, either. I racked the bike and it fell down, so picking it up and racking it again took time... Just slow, overall.

Do more triathlons....go through the transition steps in my mind before the race.
Run
  • 31m 12s
  • 3.11 miles
  • 10m 02s  min/mile
Comments:

Good run for me!!! I think this is my fastest 5K so far? So getting that time after swimming and biking and with a sore shin is good! I felt pretty strong :)

Can't wait to get faster with my running times and get into 8-min miles! Train train train is on my agenda... well, after I get pg and the second baby comes along, that is...
Post race
Warm down:

Walk around and enjoy the endorphins LOL

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Not enough training.

Event comments:

Love this race!!! Love how Naperville supports it and love the fact that it's an all-women race :) One of my favorites :)

Last updated: 2007-06-24 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:15:16 | 750 meters | 02m 02s / 100meters
Age Group: 0/263
Overall: 0/2300?
Performance: Average
Suit: No
Course: Swim was a bit rough. I expected it to be crowded and chaotic, and it was.....As soon as I would fall into a rhythm, somebody's foot or elbow would be in my face LOL
Start type: Wade Plus:
Water temp: 0F / 0C Current: Low
200M Perf. Average Remainder: Below average
Breathing: Average Drafting: Average
Waves: Good Navigation: Good
Rounding: Average
T1
Time: 05:19
Performance: Below average
Cap removal: Good Helmet on/
Suit off:
No
Wetsuit stuck? No Run with bike: Yes
Jump on bike: No
Getting up to speed: Below average
Biking
00:47:40 | 13.8 miles | 17.37 mile/hr
Performance:
Wind: Some
Course: Flat nice course, 2 laps.
Road: Smooth  Cadence:
Turns: Average Cornering: Average
Gear changes: Good Hills: Good
Race pace: Comfortable Drinks: Just right
T2
Time: 04:24
Overall: Average
Riding w/ feet on shoes Average
Jumping off bike Below average
Running with bike Average
Racking bike Bad
Shoe and helmet removal Average
Running
00:31:12 | 03.11 miles | 10m 02s  min/mile
Performance: Good
Course: Flat course.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 5
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 5

{postbutton}
2007-06-25 11:28 PM

User image

Expert
Chicagoland
Subject: Subaru US Women's Triathlon Series - Naperville
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Subaru US Women's Triathlon Series - Naperville Rss Feed