General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Randolph Triathlon Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2007-07-03 9:05 AM

User image

Regular
Cranford, NJ
Subject: Randolph Triathlon
Who is in the Randolph Tri this weekend?  Has anyone done it before, if so what was it like.  This will be my first Tri there.  I did the one in Long Branch this past weekend as a warm-up for this one.  This one is kind of a warm-up for the NJ State in just under 3 weeks.  I hope to see you there.

2007-07-03 3:38 PM
in reply to: #870221

User image

Master
Clifton, NJ
Subject: RE: Randolph Triathlon

charder - 2007-07-03 10:05 AM Who is in the Randolph Tri this weekend?  Has anyone done it before, if so what was it like.  This will be my first Tri there.  I did the one in Long Branch this past weekend as a warm-up for this one.  This one is kind of a warm-up for the NJ State in just under 3 weeks.  I hope to see you there.

I've never done it... i see it is sold out though! have a great race! 

2007-07-03 4:21 PM
in reply to: #870221

User image

Master
New Jersey
Subject: RE: Randolph Triathlon
I did this a couple years ago. Water was great - clean lake - big clockwise loop - not too crowded (if you stay to the outside). As you exit the water, you have to run up a short embankment. Not really an issue.
You do have to run your bike a little bit before you can get on it.
Bike had its share of hills - not bad - but it seemed you'd come down a hill, only to make a sharp turn or something, so you couldn't take full advantage of it.
The run is through a trail, then on to pavement ,then back again. ON the way back, you run through the trail, then on to a sandy beach with undulations (is that even a word?) About 30 yds of that - so not a big deal, but just a pain.

Overall, it was a nice race. The local tri club Paramount is now the race organizer. I think you'll enjoy it. Good luck. I might go just to watch my friends. But I'll definitely be at NJ State.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Randolph Triathlon Rss Feed