Atlanta Track Club
70F / 21C
Sunny
Total Time = 47m 45s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Woke up at 4:30, ate breakfast and got dressed and headed out the door for Marta at 5:15. Train wasn't crowded at 5:45 so I was able to get a seat. Got to Buckhead and walked around a bit, did some stretching and headed to my start group.
Event warmup:

Light Stretching and walking around.
Run
  • 47m 45s
  • 6.2 miles
  • 07m 42s  min/mile
Comments:

Started off in the first Seeded group. First Three miles were at about a 7:30/mile pace. First mile I was able to get into a good stride and not have to try to avoid running into to many people. Came upon the first water station and grabed a cup and was able to drink on the go for the first time, though most of the water ended up on my shirt. Second Mile I had a great pace going, hit the second mile marker at 14:15 and was feeling really good. Got to the second water stop and agian drank on teh go, more water went in my mouth this time around. Got to the Mile 3 marker at 21:25, was happy I was still keeping a sub 7:30 pace. Was feeling good and then hit the hills and started to cramp up. After about the first hill I started to feel my legs tightening up. I slowed down a bit and walked the next water station to assure I got enough fluids. Got to the next hill and got about half way up and had to walk a few seconds. I stopped looking at my watch at each Mile marker at this point and focused on beating last years time. Made the turn off Peachtree street onto 10th and started to pick up the pace a bit. Once I hit the 6 mile mark I pushed as hard as I could to the finish line. Clocked myself at 47:45, offical time was 48:38, but I got my goal of beating last years time.
What would you do differently?:

Do more hill work.
Post race
Warm down:

Walked to get my T-shirt and met up with my family and friends and went over to the Micholob Ultra Post party. Sat in there for a bit and had a few beverages and then walked back to the finish line to watch my sister finish.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Soreness in legs, and not the proper training for a 10k.

Event comments:

Peachtree is always a fun race. Enjoyed being in the seeded groups to be able to get started earlier and not wait around for an hour after the start. Need to work on my hills and overall running and return in 2008 and try for a Sub 45min run.

Last updated: 2007-01-12 12:00 AM
Running
00:47:45 | 06.2 miles | 07m 42s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Average
Course:
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]