General Discussion Race Reports! » Brian Waterbury Memorial 10K Rock to Pier Run Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Brian Waterbury Memorial 10K Rock to Pier Run - Run

View Member's Race Log
Morro Bay, California
United States
63F / 17C
Overcast
Total Time = 7h 00m
Overall Rank = 157/826
Age Group = 45-49
Age Group Rank = 3/52
Pre-race routine:

Water and Luna Bar for breakfast
Event warmup:

Easy run on the beach and around parking lot/
Run
  • 47m 44s
  • 6.21 miles
  • 07m 41s  min/mile
Comments:

Great run for me. Pushed it hard the entire way as my goal was to be under 49 minutes and place in my age group. (I wanted that medal!) I was thrilled to place this year, but disappointed that I was beat out of second by only 4 seconds.
What would you do differently?:

Maybe not take it out quite so fast and build into it a bit. I don't think I could have run any faster when I got near the finish. When coming into the last quarter mile or so push to the finish DO NOT LET ANYBODY PASS ME. I was passing a lot of others at the end, even though I could tell none of them were in my age group. I let one gal pass me right near the end and it turned out she was in my age group! So, I was beat out of second place by 4 seconds!
Post race
Warm down:

Walked for about 15 minutes.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

I need to work on my finishes a bit. I may be starting my sprint too soon and having enough to really go all out at the end.

Event comments:

After a very sunny week, the fog rolled in on Friday night, so it was overcast and drizzly for the entire race. Temperature wasn't too bad (low 60's) and there was no wind coming off the water. Other than the drizzle (which wasn't too bad), conditions were pretty good for running.

Almost a 6 minute improvement over last year's time (first time I ran the race), although last year I was trying to keep my heart rate under 80%.

Last updated: 2007-07-15 12:00 AM
Running
00:47:44 | 06.21 miles | 07m 41s  min/mile
Age Group: 3/52
Overall: 157/826
Performance: Good
161 avg hr 175 max hr HR at +90 for most of the race.
Course: Run on the hard packed sand from Morro Rock to the Cayucos Pier.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 5
Physical exertion [1-5] 5
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Average
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2007-07-15 1:42 PM

Regular
San Luis Obispo, CA
Subject: Brian Waterbury Memorial 10K Rock to Pier Run
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Brian Waterbury Memorial 10K Rock to Pier Run Rss Feed