Rochester Active Sports Club
83F / 28C
Sunny
Total Time = 1h 13m 12s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Tonight was the first in a series of six- three courses (25, 20 and 15 miles). We started with the long course. This is the same course that I attempted on Sunday and cracked like an egg. I was determined to finish and didn't care about speed.

Event warmup:

Took the bike out for a short spin, just to make sure everything was OK. Then chatted a bit waiting for the line up. They lined us up with stock bikes first, then aeros. Unfortunately, I was with the aeros. At least I got to start first of the aeros, but I knew I would be the last rider in anyway.

Bike
  • 1h 31m 12s
  • 25 miles
  • 16.45 mile/hr
Comments:

When it was my turn, I stepped to the line. "5,4,3,2,1, go. Have a safe ride!" That reminded me of a cross country start. I hit my watch and was gone. They were starting us on 30 second starts, so it didn't take long for the next rider to catch me. And the next. The next. You get the picture.

The first 6 miles of the course are the worst, with the big hills around mile 3 and 5. Mount Mofo was around mile 5. This is the one that took me out on Sunday. I had a plan this time. I used my gears wisely and just got up it the best I could. What a great feeling to reach the top of that MF.

My heartrate was jacked way up the whole time and I have no idea why. It was pretty humid, but not that bad. After the hilly section I was able to get it down to a more reasonable level. The next 10 miles or so was pretty good, just some easy rollers. At mile 16, I had been out for exactly an hour. Not bad for me.

The next 9 miles were pretty good too. I was worried that no one would be there when I finished, but as I passed the start point before the last 5 mile loop, I was glad to see people still there. It's tough being so slow. As I turned toward the finish, I was glad to see a small crowd of people still there. I got lots of cheers as I crossed the line. And some people reminding me to check my time. No problem there; years of XC have trained me to hit my watch at the finish line.
What would you do differently?:

I really don't know. My mission was just to finish. It's all about that baseline.
Post race
Warm down:

None.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

I'm just slow.

Event comments:

I'll be back next week! :)

Last updated: 2007-07-31 12:00 AM
Biking
01:31:12 | 25 miles | 16.45 mile/hr
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Good
HR was too high. No idea why.
Wind: Some
Course: One big loop and another small loop. The first part has the worst pavement and the hills.
Road: Rough Dry Cadence:
Turns: Good Cornering: Good
Gear changes: Good Hills: Below average
Race pace: Comfortable Drinks: Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Ok
Evaluation
Course challenge Too hard
Organized? Yes
Events on-time?
Lots of volunteers?
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5]

{postbutton}
2007-07-31 10:46 PM

User image

Expert
Dodge County, MN (out in the corn)
Subject: RASC Road TT Championship Series

2007-08-01 3:37 PM
in reply to: #909121

User image

Master
San Francisco
Subject: RE: RASC Road TT Championship Series

good for you to get out there and do a TT with all the other roadies.  I'd be scared to do a TT, so major kudos to you!

2007-08-02 2:13 PM
in reply to: #909121

Subject: RE: RASC Road TT Championship Series
Good job. I'll see you there next Tuesday. I'll be the one on the red Yaqui.
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » RASC Road TT Championship Series Rss Feed