Rochester Active Sports Club
85F / 29C
Sunny
Total Time = 1h 07m 27s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Lunch around 11:30. Something didn't sit well and I had a bellyache for most of the afternoon. A couple of doses of Pepto and I figured I'd give it a try. Then I packed up the car with plenty of fluids on board and I was off. On the way to town, I played some good music to get in the mood for a race.
Event warmup:

The starter lined us up with stock first and then aeros and he left a 3 minute gap between the groups. This meant that I was going to be finishing very close to sundown. More incentive to pedal faster. He counted me down and off I went.

Bike
  • 1h 07m 27s
  • 19.6 miles
  • 17.44 mile/hr
Comments:

The first half of the course was a mix of downhills and flats. So much fun! Before the first turn, I was averaging 19mph!!! I knew that would be blown apart on the hills though. Ahh, the hills. They started around mile 9 and didn't quit for about 3 miles. I made it up Mount MF again without stopping. I did consider stopping and walking, but I didn't.

The stretch after Mount MF is a long false flat and last week I couldn't get above 14mph on it. I was determined to keep at least 16 this week. I was getting a sip of water when I saw a small grey cat that looked a lot like Chai. It saw me and started trotting down the road toward me. Then it meowed and showed me the mouse it had in it's mouth. WTF is it with grey cats wanting to bring me rodents? I dinged the bell at her and she took off into the corn. Crazy cats!

The rest of the ride was pretty uneventful. My bottle cage and front reflector were rattling and making me think there was something very wrong with my bike. Also my sensor was hitting and annoying me. The finish was uphill and I powered up the hill to the line.

What would you do differently?:

Nothing really. Just need to get faster.
Post race
Warm down:

None really. Another loop of the parking lot and then packed up the bike as it was getting dark.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Need to ride lots.

Last updated: 2007-08-07 12:00 AM
Biking
01:07:27 | 19.6 miles | 17.44 mile/hr
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Good
Avg HR-162 Max HR- 178 Calories- 720
Wind: Little
Course: This week was 20 miles (19.6 actually). The course was basically the same minus the extra 5 mile loop from the 25 miler. The big change was that the start was in a different place. This time the start was on the other side of the loop and the hills were about half way. I knew that this course would be better for me because I need about 8 miles for my legs to really get warmed up.
Road: Smooth Dry Cadence:
Turns: Average Cornering: Average
Gear changes: Good Hills: Average
Race pace: Comfortable Drinks: Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right