General Discussion Race Reports! » LaSalle Bank Chicago Distance Classic Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

LaSalle Bank Chicago Distance Classic - RunHalf Marathon

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Chicago, Illinois
United States
Total Time = 1h 58m 11s
Overall Rank = 2719/8720
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 386/
Pre-race routine:

Woke around 4 and had a couple pieces of toast with peanut butter and jelly as well as a couple cups of coffee. Had no trouble parking at Grant Park and walked to the race site. Drank water and Gatorade before the race and we visited the port-o-potties a couple times.
Event warmup:

Little stretching.
Run
  • 1h 58m 11s
  • 13.1 miles
  • 09m 01s  min/mile
Comments:

I wasn't too confident considering how I felt after the last half marathon I completed a couple months ago. I started much slower than normal and it really worked out for me. I finished with approximately the same time as the last race but didn't feel like I was going to die the last few miles. I paced myself very well and got some confidence back in my endurance running. Drank Gatorade and water at every water stop since it was so friggin hot. I also had a couple Gu's which really helped. Sometimes those things are like magic.
What would you do differently?:

Maybe push a little harder. I know I could shave 10 minutes off my time but I just took it easy. I treated this as more of a training run for the upcoming marathon.
Post race
Warm down:

Had some food and walked around a bit. We pretty much left right after the race. I was ready for a nice nap.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

My head.

Event comments:

Great race. I really liked the course. A little bit of everything.

Last updated: 2007-08-09 12:00 AM
Running
01:58:11 | 13.1 miles | 09m 01s  min/mile
Age Group: 386/
Overall: 2719/8720
Performance: Average
Course: First 5 miles through the loop and then the last 8 miles were a combo of Lake Shore Drive and the lake front path. Really nice course.
Keeping cool Average Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 5

{postbutton}
2007-08-13 8:34 AM

User image

Veteran
Buffalo Grove, IL
Subject: LaSalle Bank Chicago Distance Classic
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » LaSalle Bank Chicago Distance Classic Rss Feed