General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » A bit about us Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2004-01-28 5:53 AM

Extreme Veteran
Subject: A bit about us
My hats off to you guys, you are awesome! I arrived at this forum because my 11 year old daughter has been bitten by the tri bug. She has done two kids triathlons and an aquathlon and is now training for her first sprint distance triathlon next month. We come from a swimming background, I am a swim coach and my daughter has been swimming competitively since she was quite young. My husband is a runner and we both were avid recreational cyclists back in the day, so my daughter has been very active her whole life. Right now she is mostly swim training, 4500m or so, 5-6 days a week. She does run twice a week with her swim team, two miles or so, and usually one other day with Dad or her friend. She just got a new race bike last week, so she is doing a decent amout of riding now also. She is really looking forward to her race in February. Good luck to you all in your endeavors!

2004-01-28 7:10 AM
in reply to: #5207

User image

Champion
Ottawa, Ontario
Subject: RE: A bit about us
And the best of luck to you Hermom! You must be in seventh heaven having a daughter who participates in sports and with whom you can, if not compete, at least train with. I know that the happiest moment of my life was when I biked with my (step) daughter so many many years ago; I have cycled all over with many people but my cycling time with her will always remain the best in my mind. Good luck to your daughter in February.
2004-01-29 5:30 AM
in reply to: #5224

Extreme Veteran
Subject: RE: A bit about us
Thanks, Machiavelo. It is wonderful to have to a child who is self-motivated and enjoys training. I also have a 17 year old son who was ecstatic on the last day of high school swimming(senior year) because he never has to swim again! I do enjoy working with my daughter, helping her set goals and plan her season. I also join her on walks and follow her in the car when she bikes on the roads. We live in an area with lots of retirees, so the roadways are relatively unsafe during the season. I am looking forward to her getting a little older, so she can have training partners more her age. Right now she trains with all adults. We are trying to convince some of her swim teammates to enter a relay with her, but no luck so far. I am just enjoying the time I get to spend with her now, because I know the time is coming when she won't want to spend so much time with me!
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » A bit about us Rss Feed