United States
82F / 28C
Overcast
Total Time = 1h 09m 3s
Overall Rank = 27th/400
Age Group = 25-29
Age Group Rank = 1/9
Pre-race routine:

Up at 5:15 bright and early. Eat some left over chicken in a sandwich. Packed up the car and drove to the race. Set up T and got the forth slot we were set up with our age group not by our number so you are right there with your competition.
Event warmup:

I did a quick little run and a swim to test out the waves.
Swim
  • 10m 33s
  • 400 meters
  • 02m 38s / 100 meters
Comments:

3 2 1 Bang – Go!!! Ok Dive !! Ok Dive!! Try to swim wow Dive!! Ok I made it past the break. God I ‘m tired. Where is the bouy? Why is that girl so far ahead of me already. Ok breath . Ok around the bouy. Ok now where is the next bouy ( I have a bit of a problem staying on track some times I swim to cuba before I realize I am off coure). Ok breath breath. God I am breathing everyother stroke I am winded I think because the water is rough. Ok great I see some people from the wave above me that I am catching. Ok keep going. Ok last bouy now into the beach. I made it – yes . wait who is that girl in front of me – How did she beat me in the swim she has a belly like she is pregnant. Oh well focus on transition don’t forget but on your helmet first!!

Transition 1
  • 00m
Bike
  • 37m 23s
  • 11 miles
  • 17.65 mile/hr
Comments:

Crusing feel pretty good . Heart rate a little high 175 and speed is 20.5 ok can I maintain this or will I die at the end. I feel pretty good – remember Diane is trying to catch me and she is a beast on the bike. Keep pushing Kel. Cruising. (I hear a female voice “on your left” that means she is passing me not good - I expect a the guys to pass but I hate it when girls pass me). Wow she is fast I can’t catch her. Race your race kel. ( 3 more girls pass me and one I keep up with and we go back and forth but she beats me to transition). Ok made it to Transition. No crashes feeling good.

What would you do differently?:

Need to get faster on the bike
Transition 2
  • 00m
Run
  • 21m 6s
  • 3.1 miles
  • 06m 49s  min/mile
Comments:

Now run (little nervous about the run because I took a month off and just started up again last week and haven’t done any sprints so I’m not sure what I am cable of here). Catch that girl from the bike. Come on you got it hang with her until the 2 mile and then turn it on and give it all for last mile. Oh no my shoelace came undone. Ok tie go go catch her. Not the other shoelace – I need to get new shoelaces Ok tie and go . You have got to be kidding me my shoelace again – ok tie tighter and go. Ok mile two I am right with her now go turn it on. Up over the bridge – yes feel the burn -- look back she is way back there I got her beat just keep this pace. Oh no there is another girl ahead of me – sign ahead of me. Can I catch her. I know I got my age group win but if I catch her could I place in the top 3 overall for females. Ok lets give it a try. Everything hurts(not my foot but chest, lungs, legs) ok it will be over soon just catch her. Oh no there is the finish can I get her. GO GO GO

Yes I got her with 1 second to spare. What a finish. The crowd went wild as we barrled into the finish. Ok maybe they did or didn’t but what’s wrong with a little embellishment.

Post race
Warm down:

Ok so I finished 4th overall for female. I was 20 seconds behind the 3rd place finisher so almost. But I won my age group and overall had a great race.

Last updated: 2007-09-09 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:10:33 | 400 meters | 02m 38s / 100meters
Age Group: 1/9
Overall: 0/400
Performance: Good
The ocean was really rough. Waves were 3-5 feet!!
Suit: New Tri Suit!!
Course: Out to the bouy then parallel to the baech toward the pier and back into the beach
Start type: Run Plus: Waves
Water temp: 82F / 28C Current: High
200M Perf. Remainder:
Breathing: Drafting:
Waves: Navigation:
Rounding:
T1
Time: 00:00
Performance:
Cap removal: Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike:
Jump on bike:
Getting up to speed:
Biking
00:37:23 | 11 miles | 17.65 mile/hr
Age Group: 3/9
Performance:
Avg HR 170
Wind:
Course: Over the lake worth brige and twon loops on a staright course with u-turns and back over the bridge.
Road:   Cadence:
Turns: Cornering:
Gear changes: Hills:
Race pace: Drinks:
T2
Time: 00:00
Overall:
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike
Racking bike
Shoe and helmet removal
Running
00:21:06 | 03.1 miles | 06m 49s  min/mile
Age Group: 12/9
Performance:
Course: Over the lake worth bridge run thru a park and then back over the bridge
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge
Organized?
Events on-time?
Lots of volunteers?
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5]

{postbutton}
2007-09-09 8:41 PM

Subject: Tropical Triathlon

2007-09-10 1:43 PM
in reply to: #957383

User image

Expert
Boca Raton, FL
Subject: RE: Tropical Triathlon
Nice race report...I was there too..wish I knew another BT'r was there ....Awesome job no winning your AG....Maybe one day I'll be there
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Tropical Triathlon Rss Feed