Bloomsday Road Runners Club
60F / 16C
Sunny
Total Time = 1h 48m
Overall Rank = /
Age Group = 50-54
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Got up and had 1/2 banana and small cup o coffee, didn't feel like eating at all but needed the fuel.
Fav sister/rece partner C-cic picked me up and drove me to the race, all I had to do was get up and show up!
Ate a Clif Bar when we arrived, felt so weird not to be setting up transition area! Hit the PP and walked around talking to fellow TB members.
Event warmup:

IF you count walking around, that was the warmup for me. It was cold in the shade and warm in the sun.
Run
  • 1h 48m
  • 10 miles
  • 10m 48s  min/mile
Comments:

This was the 1st time I've ever done this race and I had a great time out there. I was mostly concerned with running the entire thing and not having to walk. My training has really gone downhill with the race season, seemed like I was either racing or recovering. Ran with C-cic and another TB member, they really kept me going! We walked all the aid stations and ran everything else. Ended up with faster time than I would have on my own so a big thanks is in order! Really nice shirt and an ice cream bar at the finish. I guess they used to have a whole sundae where you could choose your toppings, another victim of economics I guess.
What would you do differently?:

Keep up the training more during the season, I felt pretty good about this one.
Post race
Warm down:

Walked around, ate ice cream bar and talked to people a little bit. Drank water.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Training!

Event comments:

This was a good low key way for me to end the season up. It was funny watching the people though, at the tris all season, everyone has swim cap hair and is usually tied to braided to stay out of the way. This morning, we noticed several people doing their hair before the race, LOTS more bouncing ponytails! Runners seem to be skinnier too, I'm used to looking at triathletes, they have shoulders from swimming.

Last updated: 2007-09-09 12:00 AM
Running
01:48:00 | 10 miles | 10m 48s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Good
Course: Big circle, with down and up hills. A big uphill at the end.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Average
Race evaluation [1-5] 5

{postbutton}
2007-09-09 9:30 PM

User image

Spokane
Subject: Sundae Sunday

2007-09-10 11:34 AM
in reply to: #957436

User image

Expert
Spokane, Washington
Subject: RE: Sundae Sunday
Hey there BB, this was a fun run!  Good job on running all of it - and at a good clip!  Thanks for pulling me along, especially up the hill! 
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Sundae Sunday Rss Feed