Bloomsday Road Runners Club
60F / 16C
Sunny
Total Time = 1h 47m
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Got up at my regular time of 5am to have plenty of time to have coffee and breakfast of oatmeal with a spoonful of PB. Read BT for a while. Slept horrible the night before for no reason. Drove to race site and picked up my brother racinmason on the way.
Event warmup:

No real warmup - just walked over to the bathrooms and back, put my number on, took my warm fleece off (brrrr) and walked back to the start.
Run
  • 00m
  • 0 miles
  •  min/mile
Comments:

Started off at the rear of the pack and at one point there wasn't anyone behind me! Huh - DFL...:) I ran with racinmason and one of our friends and it worked really well as we all ran about the same pace. They were a little faster than I would have gone had I been alone, so it was a good steady run for me. The big downhill near the beginning was uncomfortable (as usual) as was the big uphill at the end (also as usual.) This is my second year at this race, and the last hill, while still hard, felt easier than it was last year...I was pretty pleased with that part. Overall it was a fun run - I loved running with my good friends, the miles rolled by much more quickly than on my own. Last year I finished right at 2 hours, this year 1:47 and felt better - good trend!
What would you do differently?:

I carried my water bottle with the handle with diluted gel - next time I'll just carry a couple of gel packets.
Post race
Warm down:

Got a cup of water, wandered over to pick up my shirt (a great long-sleeve tech tee - a new favorite!) drank more water and ate my ice-cream bar. Stood around and stretched a bit, then drove home.

Yes, this was kind of a dull RR - it was just a good fun run on a beautiful day.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Nothing. I expect to get faster with more training and less weight over the next couple of years.

Event comments:

This is a fun race to do. It is a beautiful course with a couple of challenging hills. It seemed well-organized, there were plenty of volunteers, the course was well-marked, and they give you ice cream at the end - what's not to like?

Last updated: 2007-09-10 12:00 AM
Running
00:00:00 | 00 miles |  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Good
Course: One loop from Joe Albi stadium through Riverside state park along the river - lots of beautiful views on this run. One big downhill to get into the park, one big uphill near the end to get out.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Not enough
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 5
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes